318 standardized score out of catchment southend

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Alexandra

318 standardized score out of catchment southend

Post by Alexandra »

What are the chances of a place? SS 325 all recieved place in last 4 years, 316 lowest score in last 4 years. Is this a fluke last score or a regular last score?? Advice appreciated. Is it worth applying?
Suresh

Re: 318 standardized score out of catchment southend

Post by Suresh »

Definitely worth applying to both the schools. It will be an agonizing wait for another 4.5 months but my strong feeling is that you will have a place in one of the two schools.
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Ok, thanks Suresh - feeling very deflated. Looks like he has fallen in the 'orange zone'. Not feeling optimistic with the scores being shown on here that there is a chance in the orange zone. :(
Catsmum

Post by Catsmum »

Hi Alexandra,

My DS just missed out on an out of catchment place at Southend last year with a score of 315. He was 2nd on the waiting list at the start of term (7th on the list on March 1st). Others with scores of 315 but a little higher than DS got in. So I would say that 318 would give you a good chance. (unless the change in catchment area has changed things dramatically)

DS is now extremely happy at our local school!!
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Thanks catsmum I'll put it down and hope it is a low year but so far scores seem very high . How frustrating getting to second on the list but really pleased DS is happy at local school now. hopefully my DS will be happy at the local school too