Allocation/application process

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ahap

Re: Allocation/application process

Post by ahap »

You will automatically be on the waiting list for your higher preference.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
TBird

Post by TBird »

Hi there, first time on a forum ever so apologies in advance for my lack of jargon...I have only just realised what DD stands for :D does anybody have any information regarding the kind of scores out there for Chelmsford grammar this year? My daughter is in the top 300 but no guidance is given re placement relative to other girls. Thx
KB

Post by KB »

Have a look at the threads with CCHS or CEM in the title over the last couple of weeks - should give you want you are looking for.
Finally

Post by Finally »

Thought I was OK with all this about to submit CAF then had another thought!

Have WHSG as 1st choice than SHSG 2nd. DD very unlikely to get in to WHSG but thought would put down anyway as easier to travel to. Just wondered if she doesn't get SHSG either then will she not go on the waiting list for SHSG but onto the WHSG list? :?
KB

Post by KB »

page 11 of the admissions booklet -
if you are allocated your third choice school then you can request to go on the waiting list for your 1st and 2nd preference schools
Finally

Post by Finally »

KB wrote:page 11 of the admissions booklet -
if you are allocated your third choice school then you can request to go on the waiting list for your 1st and 2nd preference schools
Thanks KB for that. Didn't realise you had replied! :)
Legolegend

Post by Legolegend »

What happens now once all the scores are in? My daughter scored 367 so was in the green zone for ColCHS. I thought that I fill out the application for the 31st Oct with ColCHS with a very high chance of getting a place based on her score and then the local comp as our 2nd choice (basically our only choices!). Daughter keeps asking me if she definitely is in to the ColCHS and I can only really say I think so.... Someone told me we receive an offer letter from ColCHS direct on the 3rd March.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Legolegend wrote:What happens now once all the scores are in? My daughter scored 367 so was in the green zone for ColCHS. I thought that I fill out the application for the 31st Oct with ColCHS with a very high chance of getting a place based on her score and then the local comp as our 2nd choice (basically our only choices!). Daughter keeps asking me if she definitely is in to the ColCHS and I can only really say I think so.... Someone told me we receive an offer letter from ColCHS direct on the 3rd March.
You complete your own LA's CAF - presumably Essex? - then wait for March 2nd. It would seem highly unlikely that your DD won't get a place at ColCHS with her score, but it would be sensible to explain to her that you really do have to wait until you find out in March before you are entirely sure, because that's the truth. The allocation of places actually comes through your LA, but a 'welcome pack' from the allocated school usually follows pretty soon after you accept the place.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
KB

Post by KB »

That's pretty much it.
You fill in your list of schools in preference order then wait to be allocated a place in March.
If the score is in the green zone then you can be pretty certain of a place at your first choice school but I would continue to tell your DD that although she did really well in the exam you cant tell her any more until allocation day.
It isn't a pass or fail situation, just the top scores getting places so it isn't possible to know who those people are until then.

The score is very high so it is very unlikely she won't get a place but if it were my DD I wouldn't say anything until it was official.

If you are able to go to the information evening they might be able to give you sufficient additional certainty.

Well done to your DD.
Wearesmashingit

Post by Wearesmashingit »

lspr wrote:Could I just ask a question about waiting list.
Say I rank school A as 1 and school B as 2 for my DD and am offered school B, how do I stay on the waiting list for School A?
Do I need to reject an offer on School B?

Am in the scenario that my first choice being OOC may not be offered on allocation day but we would like my DD to go there if possible. I am sure DD will be offered her second choice due to her scores . Would feel worried if to stay on the waiting list of first chioce to say no the the offered place.
Your daughter will be automatically on the waiting list of Choice A school. You don’t need to reject school B and waiting list keeps going until September 2020. The only way she would not on the school choice A waiting list is that her score was so low that it did not make it to the waiting list.