If I put CRGS first on CAF, (very little chance of a place)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
costagirl

If I put CRGS first on CAF, (very little chance of a place)

Post by costagirl »

will it scupper my chances of No.2 which is popular comp for which we are OOC? Or will it not affect 2nd choice? Sorry, this is all a complete minefield.
daveg

Re: If I put CRGS first on CAF, (very little chance of a pla

Post by daveg »

No, if you do not get into the first choice, your second choice becomes your first choice. This piece of school-gate gossip that holds that schools prefer people who put them down as first choice dies very hard.
CardyMow

Post by CardyMow »

If you do not meet the criteria for your first choice, your second choice will then be treated as if it WAS your first choice.

If you do not meet the criteria for your second choice, your third choice will be treated as if it WAS your first choice.

The school gate gossips are wrong, pay no attention. If your first choice is CRGS, put it down as your first choice. If the OOC Secondary is your second choice, then put it as your second choice. If your third choice is your catchment school, then put it as your third choice.

Choosing another school as your first choice will have no effect on whether you get offered your second choice. The only thing that will affect the chance of an offer from your second choice is whether you are high enough on the admission criteria for that school to get a place before they were all filled.

HTH.
costagirl

Post by costagirl »

Thank you, that is so helpful. I'm sure this was much easier in my day, but then I come from an area without grammar schools, so far less stressful!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now