Aspirant KEGS scores 2013 needed - C & NC

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mummy12c

Re: Aspirant KEGS scores 2013 needed - C & NC

Post by Mummy12c »

Hi, I wanted to figure out how many pupils altogether appeared in Essex 11+? I would appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks
Suresh

Post by Suresh »

Mummy12c wrote:Hi, I wanted to figure out how many pupils altogether appeared in Essex 11+? I would appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks

Mummy12c

Post by Mummy12c »

Thanks Suresh
purplegirl

Post by purplegirl »

Suresh wrote:
Mummy12c wrote:Hi, I wanted to figure out how many pupils altogether appeared in Essex 11+? I would appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks

Any idea how that number is broken down into boy/ girl numbers??

Thanks
Siva

Re: Chelmsford CHS Aspirants 2013 and their Scores

Post by Siva »

My DS Score
30 35 70 370.564. Catchment KEGS.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Found the following information on the KEGS homepage and thought I would post it in case anyone misses it:

PROSPECTIVE PARENTS OPEN AFTERNOON AT KEGS - TUESDAY 23 OCTOBER
Following the release of the 11+ test scores, parents should try to determine whether their son has a score in the zone that could realistically secure a place on the basis of the information provided. For those with a realistic chance of securing a place, we are holding a final decision-making open afternoon on Tuesday 23 October from 1.30-3.30pm. No individual invitations or confirmations will be sent.

This will include a presentation from the Headteacher, Mr Sherrington, a short tour of the school and a chance to ask questions. It is not compulsory to attend but it is a genuine opportunity for people to re-visit the school to help with their final choice. The 11+ scores will be discussed in a general manner with all parents; there are no individual appointments being offered. If you have any doubts, please come along. Please note there this is a one-off opportunity and there are no other tours or individual appointments.

If you intend to attend on Tuesday please contact us by email on office@kegs.org.uk or by ringing 01245 353510 to let us know.

We look forward to seeing you there.
kfer

Post by kfer »

We can't make the Kegs tour due to work (I think schools sometimes forget people have to work for a living :roll: ) Would appreciate any useful information given.
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

Hi Kfer, I attended the session today. you didn't miss anything - you get tonnes more from this forum. The information provided, as expected, was in very broad terms. We were advised of things we already knew (well, I'm speaking for myself) like: put your school in order of preference; if you don't get your first choice, by law your second becomes your first so nothing to lose; they undertook a retrospective survey to ascertain where the cut off marks provided sat for IC and OCC; two lots of waiting lists (IC and OOC); and zzzzzz. I didn't leave the session any wiser. The highlight was getting an opportunity to have another tour of the school. We felt more positive about the school this time around and wouldn't mind it if we actually ended up getting kegs which is our second choice btw.
Last edited by seriousmum on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

The Head did make a long speech about checking addresses rigorously.

If you have a primary school that is a long way from your stated address this will be checked and rechecked, even after your child starts at the school. Documentation such as council tax statements or utility bills can be requested at any time during the process to prevent fraudulent addresses being used.

If you move temporarily for the convenience of getting a place then move back to a previous address (schools have a system, SIMS, that lists all previous addresses and is transferred electronically to your new school in September) your child will be made to leave even if they have already started at the school (then they will not have a school place until county allocates their nearest comp with an available space).

Pretty big risk and one that needed mentioning, so I was pleased to hear Head Teacher stressing this.

Hopefully anyone thinking of buying an I/C flat will buy one big enough to accommodate the whole family for a good few years :lol:
kfer

Post by kfer »

Thanks seriousmum and Blitz for the update, glad I didn't take a day's holiday to attend! Whilst it would have been nice to have another look round as you say this forum gives far mor relevant information, and long may it continue :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now