Catchment for westcliff and Southend

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JDWine

Re: Catchment for westcliff and Southend

Post by JDWine »

I just prey that 327.7 OOC score will secure him a place at one of these schools...... :wink: :roll:
southend mom

Post by southend mom »

JDWine wrote:Our dd got 327, we are very proud of him. We are out of catchment, and at 1st thought this should just about secure him a place at either Southend or Westcliff, but now realising how much the catchment has changed we are feeling very unsure. Of course we will have both schools as 1st and 2nd choice, but feel sick at the outcome. I believe all the 115 positions this year for both schools will be filled by kids with over 303 in the larger area, and that leaves a much smaller chance for us out of area. We are def making appointment to find out more. Feel very sick about the situation.
JDWine my DS is in year 7 now WHSB and its the best thing that happened to him. Even our first choice was kegs but he so narrowly missed. We didn't worry much as we loved WHSB on open day. My DS was little disappointed but after 7 weeks into WHSB , he absolutely enjoys it. We r so glad now that he is in WSHB. Good luck
JDWine

Post by JDWine »

Thank you Southend Mum. Our DS 1st choice has always been Westcliff, and we are in the process of moving to the area, so hopefully this score will secure him a place....although we have had to apply with our local authority.
chavakula

Post by chavakula »

Can any one tell me which school is better. Southend high school for boys or Westcliff
moved

Post by moved »

No, I don't think so as it is very subjective.

Both are excellent, choose the one that you think will suit your child the most.

I don't think there is a 'better' with any of the schools, only preferences.