Travel time Brentwood to southend boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ishanpriya

Travel time Brentwood to southend boys

Post by ishanpriya »

How long does it take to travel from Brentwood to SHSB by bus and train?Please advise.
ToadMum

Re: Travel time Brentwood to southend boys

Post by ToadMum »

My DS1 travels by bus as we are fairly local, but lots of boys do travel by train. According to the timetable there is one from Brentwood at 07.27, arriving Prittlewell 08.08 (changing at Shenfield) I assume that this is the one that most boys come in on unless they need to be there earlier for cross-country or other sports; it should not take longer than - or in fact as long as - 22 minutes to walk from the statiion to the school. However, the next one from Brentwood does not get there on time.

If you look at the school website you will find details of how to get discounted rail travel ("scholars' tickets") :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hadenoughnow

Re: Travel time Brentwood to southend boys

Post by hadenoughnow »

Hi my son gets the 7.25am train from Billericay (this would be 7.07 from Brentwood, change at Shenfield) and gets to Prittlewell at 7.50am. This gives him ample time for the minor delays which often occur as well as the walk from Prittlewell to school (which should take 15 mins or so but probably takes the boys longer in reality). The next train would get him there in time providing he walked quickly and there were no delays but we feel it's cutting too fine. Once a week he gets the earlier train in order to do a sporting activity.