Confirmed - IC places for SHSB & WHSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
worri3d_mum

Confirmed - IC places for SHSB & WHSB

Post by worri3d_mum »

Hi all!

After being told at the schools meeting that there were enough GS places for all the IC boys who passed, I emailed SHSB asking for confirmation and just got the following -

"You have correctly summarised what Dr Bevan said. The crucial part is that you should put BOTH grammar schools in your choices - so in your case SHSB first and WHSB second - so that if you do not get your first choice, you will definitely get your second.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

(name removed)
Office Manager"

In other words, if your DS is in catchment for the Southend GSs, if you put them as 1st and 2nd choices, your DS will definitely get a place at SHSB or WHSB if he got 303+ !!!!!

:D :D :D
sufc

Re: Confirmed - IC places for SHSB & WHSB

Post by sufc »

I wonder if SHSB/WHSB will go one step further and confirm total number of boys who chose SHSB/WHSB as their first choice before 1st March? This would not only confirm first choice if swing is 50/50, two thirds/one third but also indicate to occ boys exact number of occ spaces available.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I wonder if SHSB/WHSB will go one step further and confirm total number of boys who chose SHSB/WHSB as their first choice before 1st March?
The schools do not get given this information. Under the Equal preference system the schools are given the details of all applicants but NOT which preference the DC has put the school. Only the DC's LEA's have that information.
Manana

Post by Manana »

I wonder if it's a pretty straight 50/50 split between those applying to Southend and Westcliff? Or do more apply to one school?

I wonder what score you would need to have to have safely secured a place at the school of your choise (ie SHSB for us!)?

Are those who have scored 303-310 (for example) at a high risk of not getting their first choice?