School work

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Morgan0210

School work

Post by Morgan0210 »

Hi,
My daughter attends a Southend primary school and is in year 5 , currently her school havnt done any work focused on the 11+ and I don't think they Will be doing much either! What are other schools doing just Interested to hear!
Thanks
Araucana girl

Re: School work

Post by Araucana girl »

Absolutely nothing at my dd's school. I don't think state primaries are meant to do any preparation, however there are some that do.

We are in Billiericay if that helps.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
thankgoditsover

Post by thankgoditsover »

Westwood Academy in Hadleigh used to have an 11+ club, not sure if they still do though. I think Hadleigh Juniors did something similiar.
purplegirl

Post by purplegirl »

I think very few state primaries offer a lot of support for the 11 plus, My second DD sat the exam this sept and her primary didn't even tell the parents that the open day for the grammar schools had moved to the summer term or that the date for applying for the exam had changed! It really was up to parents to sort it all out themselves.
Our primary school is interested in the year 6 SATS exams, but these exams are in summer term and the school gears the work towards these exams and ignores the 11 plus. We are in chelmsford catchment, and if children get a place then the school takes the credit for it!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now