tutors in southend

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Lisa

tutors in southend

Post by Lisa »

Help..... tutor needed in southend or surrounding area.
I have a bright child but school does not support children in non verbal reasoning... well actually not very supportive of 11+ at all!
Every one seems to be getting extra tutoring and I do not want to disadvantage my child. Barring actually changing schools, this seems to be my only option.
Does anyone know any good tutors?[/quote]
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Lisa

Please take a look at the following link....

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=2603

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Lisa,

have you not thought about tutoring your child yourself?? I helped my daughter by buying papers from good book stores, and also some past papers from the CSSE website. I really was not at all confident at first, but once we got into it, it was fine! My daughter will now be starting WHSG in september, and it's all down to our hard work and my daughters grown up attitude and confidence on the day of the test. You can do this, If we can, anyone can!! And everyone on this site makes it a whole lot easier too, wouldn't have been able to do it without the back up of elevenplusexams.co.uk

Good luck and hope it works out well :)
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Lisa if you register I will email you a couple of very good tutors in Southend area

Re: tutors in southend

Post by Guest »

Lisa wrote:Help..... tutor needed in southend or surrounding area.
I have a bright child but school does not support children in non verbal reasoning... well actually not very supportive of 11+ at all!
Every one seems to be getting extra tutoring and I do not want to disadvantage my child. Barring actually changing schools, this seems to be my only option.
Does anyone know any good tutors?
[/quote]

If you're interested in sitting the 11+ for the Southend Grammar schools, bear in mind that they don't test Non Verbal Reasoning. The tests are English, Maths and multiple choice Verbal Reasoning.