Advice needed!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dee126

Advice needed!!

Post by Dee126 »

Hi all
I'm Dee and I'm new to this site. I have 3 children, a boy in year 3, a girl in reception and a 2 year old. My eldest son has just had some exams at school and has achieved level 4c in his subjects. The average for this age is 3b. I'm really proud of him and want to give him the best opportunities I can and so I think I need to start looking at grammar schools. I have no clue where to start!

I have looked at this site and have found some helpful information as to where the grammar schools are and what their entry requirements are. We live in Romford and are facing a long journey for him to school so are happy to relocate but not sure to where. Some people have mentioned that Rayleigh is a good place to be for all catchment areas but does anyone know which part? I'm very aware that I would have to move my younger children out of their school, not sure I'm too happy about this! Also we would need to be near a train station as my husband needs to commute to London for work.

Also any clue where I should start as to getting him ready for the exam?

Any thoughts, suggestions or advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Dee
moved

Re: Advice needed!!

Post by moved »

Rayleigh is in catchment for all schools. Others will know if there are any areas that are unsuitable. Rayleigh is a commute to any of the grammars though.

No preparation is necessary yet though. It sounds like everything is very well on track. :D
Clarabelle

Post by Clarabelle »

Hi Dee

Given the ages of your youngest children I really wouldn't be concerned at all about moving them. They will settle quickly and make friends. As a mum of two, 12 & 15, I generally think that friendships become more tricky from year 6 upwards. There are two secondary schools Fitzwimarc & Sweyne Park. So incase things don't pan out with the 11+ you might want to consider a catchment area.
Clarabelle
Dee126

Post by Dee126 »

Thank you for your replies. I find this site very reassuring. It's good to know that people are in a similar situation.
Dee x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now