CCHS familisation paper now available

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
purplegirl

Re: CCHS familisation paper now available

Post by purplegirl »

Araucana girl wrote:I wonder if they will have a minimum score as they do for Birmingham? Will be really interesting to see what they send out with the results.
For the Sept 2013 entry, the Southend/Westcliff schools set a pass mark of 303, but there was no minimum mark for KEGS, ChCHS, CoCHS or CRGS. When I was at one of the open evenings at ChCHS, I was told that there was no minimum mark because the school was so oversubscribed that it just wasn't an issue. I assume the same will apply for the new set of exams.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

purplegirl wrote:
Araucana girl wrote:I wonder if they will have a minimum score as they do for Birmingham? Will be really interesting to see what they send out with the results.
For the Sept 2013 entry, the Southend/Westcliff schools set a pass mark of 303, but there was no minimum mark for KEGS, ChCHS, CoCHS or CRGS. When I was at one of the open evenings at ChCHS, I was told that there was no minimum mark because the school was so oversubscribed that it just wasn't an issue. I assume the same will apply for the new set of exams.
Good point although with all the changes that have gone on over this and last year the picture might change completely. I suppose they will still be over subscribed though so......

I will be so glad when all this is over.
Started NVR tonight - dd really likes it (and got majority right), thank crunchy for that :D
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
bravado

Post by bravado »

purplegirl wrote:
However I think that the school should be able to produce a more precise rank order of who is applying for a place.
Out of interest, the offer letters on March 1st won't give ranking for the 2013 intake.
toolate

Post by toolate »

That's interesting bravado. How did you find that out? I wondered if they would drop releasing the ranking but I would have thought it would be critical info for waitlisters. Perhaps they will just tell you where you are on the wait list instead.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

toolate wrote:That's interesting bravado. How did you find that out? I wondered if they would drop releasing the ranking but I would have thought it would be critical info for waitlisters. Perhaps they will just tell you where you are on the wait list instead.
Maybe it will just become a list held by the school, to be given details of on request to the school, as I presume the other non-grammars do for pupils that wish to join that don't get in. Will make it really difficult to get a feel for what to do if dd is borderline :?
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
bravado

Post by bravado »

I found out via Mumsnet and being the Doubting Thomas that I am, went and called CSSE for myself, who confirmed that you won't get rankings and you can possibly get the score of the last place offered.
piemom

Post by piemom »

Just took a look at that CCHS familiarisation sheet; I remember doing NVR like that for my school entrance exam - 35 years ago :!:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now