Is it easier second time round?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Blitz

Is it easier second time round?!

Post by Blitz »

It's very quiet on the Essex section compared to previous years!

I am waiting school allocation day for dc2 after doing it for the first time last year with dc1. For those who have been through both systems is the wait easier this year with us half knowing where our dc will be going to school?

We are in the borderline zone so the wait seems endless. However in previous years there has been no clue as to what happened in that exam room as dc feelings about how it went are usually very unreliable! This year at least the wait for results was only 3 weeks but since then the time has dragged. Am I the only one who feels like this?!!

So many changes have happened to the Csse system:
Earlier exam... Much better
Earlier results... Much better
New catchment areas... Much better (although the Southend changes surprisingly did not have much impact on the number of I/c children passing)
Longer wait for allocation after exam/ or same wait from 31 October to 1 March... Just seems longer.
More places at kegs and Colchs... Much better
New cem exam at CCHS.. We wait and see

How is everyone else coping with the final leg of this 11 plus process? ( I really must get out more... Nearly gave up eleven plus forum for lent...but resisted!!)
ahap

Re: Is it easier second time round?!

Post by ahap »

It is easier second time round as we had gone through it before but not only that, knowing the results early also helps. I am actually quite relaxed but it has not stopped me from coming on here.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
laluna

Post by laluna »

Blitz, sorry don't know what you mean by more places at Colch?
ahap

Post by ahap »

laluna,

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 15&t=30743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
laluna

Post by laluna »

Ah - for next year! Grrrrr!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now