SHSG / WHSG out of catchment offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hettyfeather

Re: SHSG / WHSG out of catchment offers

Post by hettyfeather »

Many congratulations to your DD asterix3 - must be such a relief for you. My DD was 19th on waiting list for SHSG (another one with a score of 320!) and we received an offer letter yesterday. My DD is thrilled as she favoured SHSG and we had our doubts whether we would even be offered a place off the waiting list - let alone by April. yrd200, this must put your DD at least 3rd on waiting list now and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you as it looks as if you have a good chance(what was your DD's score?).
Have heard that SHSG was extremely popular with the in-catchment girls this year (120 plus girls) which may explain why the waiting list for WHSG has moved far quicker this year (I believe at least 31 places!) compared to the waiting list for SHSG.
I know that I have found the whole process extremely stressful this time round and my heart goes out to everyone still on the waiting lists - however, I feel sure that with your help and support your DC will achieve and be happy in whatever school they are eventually allocated.
Good Luck to CardyMow and Skenty with your forthcoming appeals - you both have excellent cases and deserve to win.
asterix3

Post by asterix3 »

Thanks hettyfeather - congratulations to you too! The waiting list did seem to crawl incredibly slowly and we were originally told that we didn't stand much of a chance, but there's obviously more movement than anticipated.
Have you heard of the SBC coach company - they are considering running a coach from Chelmsford/Billericay directly to the school.
yrd2000

Post by yrd2000 »

Delighted to say that my DD has been offered SHSG. Very very happy :D
asterix3

Post by asterix3 »

yrd2000 wrote:Delighted to say that my DD has been offered SHSG. Very very happy :D
Great news :D
hettyfeather

Post by hettyfeather »

yrd2000 - many congratulations to your DD and you - bet you both have big smiles on your faces! Just wondering what score your DD had as one of my DD's friends is on waiting list with 317 and does not think she stands a chance (we are keeping our fingers crossed for her though).
asterix3 hope the SBC Coach Co. gets up and running in time for you. We are fortunate in that there is already a school bus that runs from our area of Chelmsford to SHSG (albeit v expensive!).
If anyone is interested perhaps we can organise for some of the girls to get together in the Summer hols for a picnic or something.
Good Luck to everyone else still on waiting list for a grammar school - I do hope you are put out of your misery soon!
yrd2000

Post by yrd2000 »

hettyfeather - my DD got 319.5 and was 22nd on the WL originally.

Thanks for your and asterix3's posts - prompted me to call on Friday and was told she had been offered.
skenty

Post by skenty »

thanks Hettyfeather - do not hold out much hope but hope we must! We live so close to the school and our eldest DD is having such a great experence there - so fingers crossed...

Skenty
choudsal

Post by choudsal »

Well done to all those DD's with offers and I hope other DD's waiting get some good news very soon.

Has everyone received there induction pack? Does anyone have any idea what happens on SHSG induction day, and do you know whether or not the girls spend the day with the pupils from the form they will be put in come September 2013?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now