Anyone else had their Registration Letter for CEM

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Araucana girl

Anyone else had their Registration Letter for CEM

Post by Araucana girl »

I thought CCHS were only sending them out today but ours was on the mat when we got home. We are candidate ***/0762 which I presume means that there are 762 girls sitting the exam. Two sittings and we have to bring a photo and completed ID card with her to the test.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
sleeplessinhalstead

Re: Anyone else had their Registration Letter for CEM

Post by sleeplessinhalstead »

we are also received our letter today and are candidate no 14/0210 so not sure if that indicates the number of people registered or not.
RDR

Post by RDR »

We had ours today as well.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

sleeplessinhalstead wrote:we are also received our letter today and are candidate no 14/0210 so not sure if that indicates the number of people registered or not.
Oh okay that doesn't make sense then. I wonder if the first number is the year as we are 14/0762. Wow wonder how many there are, second number sounds like the candidate number then.

Albert Einstein
sleeplessinhalstead

Post by sleeplessinhalstead »

could be a reference to the primary school? I did apply immediately it was open (otherwise I would forget to do it!) so the second number may indicate the total number of applicants at the date of applying.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

sleeplessinhalstead wrote:could be a reference to the primary school? I did apply immediately it was open (otherwise I would forget to do it!) so the second number may indicate the total number of applicants at the date of applying.
:D :D We applied immediately as well. I think it is the candidate number after the 14 which would mean there are more than 762 taking it - that sounds reasonable given the numbers in past years. :(

Albert Einstein
jojo2305

Post by jojo2305 »

We applied quite close to the deadline and have got no 14/881 so think it might be number of girls that have applied, stressed and excited!!!
talea51

Post by talea51 »

We are 0605. I'm not sure you can read anything in to those numbers actually. They may just be random 4 digit numbers. I was surprised that it arrived so quickly but also very pleased that I know now what sitting we have and what time we have to be there.

I can't believe we've only got a week till this exam. I am sooo nervous but my dd seems OK actually. I thought she'd be highly stressed but she isn't, thank goodness.

I will be so relieved when this is all over. Then begins the long wait until March and we find out what school we've actually made it into!

I have to start this whole process all over again with dd2 as well! Aaaaargh!
Finally

Post by Finally »

Also got ours yesterday (Thursday). We are no. 0281.

Thank you Araucana girl for mentioning the Photo etc. I actually hadn't looked on the back of the letter and the back of the map to see that we need to bring a photo and for the other details of what to bring etc. ! Lucky it is not me sitting the test!

Just to make sure everyone else doesn't do the same as me!
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Finally wrote:Also got ours yesterday (Thursday). We are no. 0281.

Thank you Araucana girl for mentioning the Photo etc. I actually hadn't looked on the back of the letter and the back of the map to see that we need to bring a photo and for the other details of what to bring etc. ! Lucky it is not me sitting the test!

Just to make sure everyone else doesn't do the same as me!
I did think that could happen. It was only that my dd turned the map over, I too thought it was just a map! It was only on the back of the letter that it referred to the photo card. I think there will be a few last minute panics, hopefully not on the day itself when people turn the card over and realise!

My nerves are kicking in big time - part of me wants a few more weeks, part of me just wants it over!

Albert Einstein
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now