Anyone else had their Registration Letter for CEM

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fat pigeon

Re: Anyone else had their Registration Letter for CEM

Post by Fat pigeon »

Hi folks :D ,

Just popping over from the Essex-Redbridge forum to lend some moral support, as when we needed it, the wonderful Araucana girl really helped steady the rocky boats!

From my personal experience, because this last week really plays havoc, so it may be worthwhile having an easygoing master plan. Anecdotally, once the last weekend tuition was over, the dcs appeared to take the beginning off & go crazy at the end. What we did was to plan to insert half day off midweek, & similarly on the Saturday weekend before the Monday test.
In between we had 4-5 hrs solid tuition daily, with a craaaaaazy 6 hrs on the Sunday :shock: ! This was the recommendation of the group tutor, & we cried at times, even though my dd has good mental & physical stamina. It hurt like crazy at the time, but we are beginning to accept the benefits now, though we will get our results on the 11th October.

As your approach to the Death Star counts down from Monday - breathe in, best wishes & lots of luck, especially to our friend Araucana girl :D !
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
jojo2305

Post by jojo2305 »

Did anyone else get a letter this morning rearranging dd test time? She was looking forward to taking the test first thing in the morning. Now she has been allocated an afternoon sitting :( which she isn't to keen on.
february

Post by february »

I know of a couple of girls who have had test moved to the afternoon - both with surnames in second half of the alphabet.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

jojo2305 wrote:Did anyone else get a letter this morning rearranging dd test time? She was looking forward to taking the test first thing in the morning. Now she has been allocated an afternoon sitting :( which she isn't to keen on.
Got ours this morning, kind of glad as I was worried that if dd had a bad night worrying she wouldn't be able to lie in much in the morning. I had got used to it being in the morning and out the way though :o Still over soon! :D
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Fat pigeon wrote:Hi folks :D ,

Just popping over from the Essex-Redbridge forum to lend some moral support, as when we needed it, the wonderful Araucana girl really helped steady the rocky boats!

From my personal experience, because this last week really plays havoc, so it may be worthwhile having an easygoing master plan. Anecdotally, once the last weekend tuition was over, the dcs appeared to take the beginning off & go crazy at the end. What we did was to plan to insert half day off midweek, & similarly on the Saturday weekend before the Monday test.
In between we had 4-5 hrs solid tuition daily, with a craaaaaazy 6 hrs on the Sunday :shock: ! This was the recommendation of the group tutor, & we cried at times, even though my dd has good mental & physical stamina. It hurt like crazy at the time, but we are beginning to accept the benefits now, though we will get our results on the 11th October.

As your approach to the Death Star counts down from Monday - breathe in, best wishes & lots of luck, especially to our friend Araucana girl :D !
Thank you fat pigeon, glad I could be of some help. Wishing you all the best for results day, you will know a few days before us :D Unfortunately our dcs are back at school now, I so wish we had had them on the Monday like you before term started. My dc has homework and spellings this week as well :? We are taking it quite gently - she has a mock for the exam in two weeks tomorrow and then we will go back to doing maybe 30 mins to an hour after school in the week but will probably not do anything on the Friday as our exam is on the Saturday for CEM. At least we will have a good Saturday evening whatever happens, will all go out for a meal with dd. Then we start prep for the normal 11 + exam on the following Saturday :?

Nearly there - thank you for all your support .
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now