Last Minute Panic & Disgruntlement

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mikedellfarm

Re: Last Minute Panic & Disgruntlement

Post by mikedellfarm »

... now that is when WE have to practice the coping with the wait and being calm ... or drinking too much, chewing our nails, pacing the house at 2am and not sleeping.. but lets cross that bridge when we come to it.
Manana

Re: Last Minute Panic & Disgruntlement

Post by Manana »

mikedellfarm wrote:Thank you everyone for your supportive and kind posts, you're all wonderful. Especially wonderful as you choose to do this journey with your DC .. and boy life would have been easier at times to have settled for less and not bothered.

DS is a crumpled heap and shall be watching far too many Star War films at home.. this is just to important to risk just to go to school. Thank you Fat Pigeon for reminding me.

Good luck to all who have coped this weekend and have to still pull it out of the bag next weekend. As for the bug, any sign of atrocious and odd behaviour.. straight to bed, dosed up and no school.
My son has just started Southend and I'm on here again as DC2 is sitting the 11+ next year but your post struck a chord with me. DS's friend last year had a similar virus last September and really was far too ill to sit the 11+. His mum arranged for him to sit the second sitting (20th?) and he passed with flying colours :)

Might this be worth considering? Perhaps a better option that sitting the exam, failing because you were unwell and then having to appeal?