Glad it's over

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hopefuldad

Glad it's over

Post by Hopefuldad »

DS had morning sitting at KEGS, he has soldiered through with a sore throat.

Real proud of him and off to THORPE PARK tomorrow as his treat
djy76

Re: Glad it's over

Post by djy76 »

It is a great feeling to be done, feeling for those who have the deferred sitting due to illness.

Next one for me is 6 years time!
talea51

Post by talea51 »

Well done and congratulations to all those who've finished. Please send good thoughts to those of us still climbing this particular mountain! :D

Only 4 more days to go!

The idea of doing this again with dd2 makes me feel ill!
bravado

Post by bravado »

A huge "well done" to everyone :D :D :D

You're all amazing and I hope you plan to give yourselves some sort of treat or reward for living through this :D

For the first-timers, I don't think anyone could have prepared you for how stressful, challenging and emotional the voyage could be. You're very special parents of exceptional children, who have gone above and beyond what can be expected of 10 and newbie 11 year olds.

As for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th timers: I admire you all. It takes immense inner strength and immeasurable dedication to your children, to continue to guide each one through the 11+ journey, knowing how stressful it is.

talea51 - Don't worry about doing it again with DD2 - you'll be fabulous - think of all the knowledge and experience you've gained :wink: I had an 8+ year gap between my DD's and the lessons learned were invaluable. Huge, huge luck for 4 days time :D
talea51

Post by talea51 »

bravado wrote:A huge "well done" to everyone :D :D :D

You're all amazing and I hope you plan to give yourselves some sort of treat or reward for living through this :D

For the first-timers, I don't think anyone could have prepared you for how stressful, challenging and emotional the voyage could be. You're very special parents of exceptional children, who have gone above and beyond what can be expected of 10 and newbie 11 year olds.

As for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th timers: I admire you all. It takes immense inner strength and immeasurable dedication to your children, to continue to guide each one through the 11+ journey, knowing how stressful it is.

talea51 - Don't worry about doing it again with DD2 - you'll be fabulous - think of all the knowledge and experience you've gained :wink: I had an 8+ year gap between my DD's and the lessons learned were invaluable. Huge, huge luck for 4 days time :D
Thank you Bravado! To be honest, it never occurred to me to reward myself but maybe I will!

DD2 is in year 3 so it will be a little while before we start thinking about this journey for her. She is also very young, a summer baby, so the odds are already stacked against her.

I feel like i've neglected her for the last few months but that will all change after Wednesday! I have no idea what our lives will be like post 11+, what will I do with all that extra time??