Saturday's exam and glasses - any help

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Good3boys

Saturday's exam and glasses - any help

Post by Good3boys »

Hi all, this may seem a strange question but here goes.....my ds1 wears glasses for concentrated work (eg exam), but cannot walk wearing them. Do I need to label gasses case?, can he take case in to exam? Not sure how strict the rules are. Test at westcliff so may phone and ask them, if no-one knows.

Thanks and good luck all ***
dez

Re: Saturday's exam and glasses - any help

Post by dez »

Good3boys wrote:Hi all, this may seem a strange question but here goes.....my ds1 wears glasses for concentrated work (eg exam), but cannot walk wearing them. Do I need to label gasses case?, can he take case in to exam? Not sure how strict the rules are. Test at westcliff so may phone and ask them, if no-one knows.

Thanks and good luck all ***
I don't see there is any problem to bring along a glasses case. Whether to label or not is upto you. Good luck to your DS tomorrow. :D
cetaylormade

Post by cetaylormade »

For my dd exams at Chelmsford she wasn't allowed her case, so they may not allow you to take glasses case in. You may as well take it and ask but just prepare your son that he may have to leave the case with you so he doesn't worry. Good luck for tomorrow :D
moved

Post by moved »

Do you have a transparent one. Spec Savers hands them out for free. DS was going to take his in a plastic bag, but left them in the kitchen! Luckily he still passed.
Good3boys

Post by Good3boys »

Thank everyone, might just put them in a clear bag like you do at passport control LOL

Nearly there :shock:

Good luck all
talea51

Post by talea51 »

Can I just say thank you Good3Boys for posting this post! I had completely forgotten about my dd's glasses and seeing this post reminded me to make sure she had them for the exam! So thank you very much!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now