When is 2nd csse sitting over?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Morgan0210

Re: When is 2nd csse sitting over?

Post by Morgan0210 »

Blitz wrote:My DS came out of the exam last year saying...

English, easy (scored 32% !!!!!!)
Maths, really hard (scored 80%)
VR, impossible (scored 88%)

The moral of this story, how ever much we try, we can not tell until that e mail arrives.

Good luck to all this year's sitters. The wait will seem endless but not as bad as the old Nov- March system.
Wow great scores... There's hope for us then lol
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Haven't had much back from dd.
Maths was hard, she finished but left two questions as she didn't get them - keep trying not to think if those were multipart or not :shock:
Finished VR, did not say much about it and english was ok. We shall see - trying to go and see all the local schools and be positive about them all :(

Roll on the 11th although we are at the end of the alphabet so probably will have the post on Monday :(
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
MacPac

Post by MacPac »

Araucana girl wrote:Roll on the 11th although we are at the end of the alphabet so probably will have the post on Monday :(
I was hoping they send the emails out in the order of the candidate numbers. My DS's candidate number is in the 80s! I don't like they way they are spreading out the results.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

MacPac wrote:
Araucana girl wrote:Roll on the 11th although we are at the end of the alphabet so probably will have the post on Monday :(
I was hoping they send the emails out in the order of the candidate numbers. My DS's candidate number is in the 80s! I don't like they way they are spreading out the results.
Can't win with that either, we are in the 700s :lol:
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Finally

Post by Finally »

My DD's feedback:

She said that VR was fine (she actually quite enjoyed it!?).

English she found a bit difficult (but this is her weakest subject). She said that there was a simile to find which she found and there were 2 verbs to find in the text. She wasn't very clear what these were though. She said she wasn't sure and guessed them. She said she found the Antonyms and Synonyms hard.

Again she said Maths was harder than expected as it was a different format. She did managed to finish all the papers with a couple of minutes at the end. She does tend to rush through though without checking!

Like others have said there isn't as much relief as I expected as now just anxiously awaiting the results! :|
Freddiefox2002

Post by Freddiefox2002 »

Hi,
My son sat the second sitting yesterday at KEGS. He found the maths quite hard (this is his weakest area), the English was ok and the VR fine. His VR is usually very strong but I'm a little worried that he finished it with a few minutes to spare as he usually needs every last second. Not at all sure how he has done, will just have to cross fingers and hope.
I felt a bit miffed that there the maths paper didn't have the usual first five or six calculation questions. According to a friend, the first sitting paper did which seems a bit unfair to me.
Morgan0210

Post by Morgan0210 »

Freddiefox2002 wrote:Hi,
My son sat the second sitting yesterday at KEGS. He found the maths quite hard (this is his weakest area), the English was ok and the VR fine. His VR is usually very strong but I'm a little worried that he finished it with a few minutes to spare as he usually needs every last second. Not at all sure how he has done, will just have to cross fingers and hope.
I felt a bit miffed that there the maths paper didn't have the usual first five or six calculation questions. According to a friend, the first sitting paper did which seems a bit unfair to me.
No I don't believe 1st sitting maths had calculation questions to start! When my dd told me this I thought she had missed 1st page out by accident but what I gather is this wasn't the case paper format was changed! Hth
Morgan0210

Post by Morgan0210 »

Freddiefox2002 wrote:Hi,
Wonder If paper was the same there was a question on 1st page about someone calling out a number add someone else calling out another number. Does that sound familiar to your child?
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

DS did the alternate sitting yesterday at Colchester Girls.

English was easier than any paper I had given him ! No spellings in it though. Maths was hard and son is very strong on maths - he didn't totally finish the last two questions. Tough question on rotational symmetry. VR fine. Generally felt it went very well... but that doesn't mean anything with my son ! Did meet another lovely mother and her son on the way in and the two boys seemed to hit it off and actually calmed each other. (Good luck Gabe).

Was given two "yummy" biscuits so he didn't come home and ring Childline straight away :D

DS2 has asked when he'll be cranking up the work ?! Can I not have a term off ?
MacPac

Post by MacPac »

Araucana girl wrote:
MacPac wrote:
Can't win with that either, we are in the 700s :lol:
I think you'd probably be on the Friday if they did release the results by candidate number. I know one girl who was 3000 and something! Next weekend could be a long weekend.... :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now