When is 2nd csse sitting over?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: When is 2nd csse sitting over?

Post by ToadMum »

mikedellfarm wrote:DS did the alternate sitting yesterday at Colchester Girls.

English was easier than any paper I had given him ! No spellings in it though. Maths was hard and son is very strong on maths - he didn't totally finish the last two questions. Tough question on rotational symmetry. VR fine. Generally felt it went very well... but that doesn't mean anything with my son ! Did meet another lovely mother and her son on the way in and the two boys seemed to hit it off and actually calmed each other. (Good luck Gabe).

Was given two "yummy" biscuits so he didn't come home and ring Childline straight away :D

DS2 has asked when he'll be cranking up the work ?! Can I not have a term off ?
According to DS2 there was a question on the main sitting paper which involved both reflection and rotation. I always assumed that all the papers were different for each sitting, though. Could get DS2 and his friends together to see whether what the lad who took the exam yesterday did was the same as the main maths paper, but fear that all that would happen is a long, impenetrable conversation about Pokemon :roll:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

My DS had no idea what the English piece was taken from... when I asked if it was to do with a Shipwreck he said NO.. perhaps it was about Pokemon ! I promised not to ask anymore !
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

mikedellfarm wrote:My DS had no idea what the English piece was taken from... when I asked if it was to do with a Shipwreck he said NO.. perhaps it was about Pokemon ! I promised not to ask anymore !
Brief grilling of friend's DS at school pick-up time (well, school not pick-up time as DS2 decided to walk home via said friend's house :roll: ) elicited the strong possibility that yesterday's passage was in fact taken from Lord of the Flies (plane crash, not shipwreck; group of boys etc) :shock:

Wonder which school set the papers this year (certainly had a sense of humour :lol: ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Freddiefox2002

Post by Freddiefox2002 »

Yes, it was Lord of the Flies....
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Cue bunch of appeals along the lines of "my DD / DS was so traumatised by the source of the comprehension that s/he was unable to answer any of the questions"??
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

Ah... now that makes sense, thank you so much !
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ToadMum wrote:Cue bunch of appeals along the lines of "my DD / DS was so traumatised by the source of the comprehension that s/he was unable to answer any of the questions"??
No hope - I was watching the film at their age..
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

Brilliant !

DS1 made it clear that all the texts in the English papers that I had made him work on were ghastly compared to this one.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

hermanmunster wrote:
ToadMum wrote:Cue bunch of appeals along the lines of "my DD / DS was so traumatised by the source of the comprehension that s/he was unable to answer any of the questions"??
No hope - I was watching the film at their age..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a memory of reading the book at a rather earlier age than O level, as well, and this at an all-girls school. Perhaps they were trying to put us off getting too enthusiastic at our next "social" :shock:
moved

Post by moved »

I wrote a couple of practice papers from Lord of the Flies. Wonderful text for lots happening in a few hundred words.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now