Light Relief Topic

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mikedellfarm

Light Relief Topic

Post by mikedellfarm »

Having avoided the Forum until DS had sat the alternate date, I am now back needing some light relief. I thought perhaps we should post some of the funny comments our DC have come out with during this journey.

DS came out of the alternate test and the first thing he said was how great the two yummy biscuits were ... then sat in the car and suggested he should keep doing extra work 5 days a week as he'd be lost without it !!!!

To ease the stress the night before the test we chose his outfit and "lucky pants".. he decided to take this a step further and chose my entire outfit. Not stopping at my clothes.. he dictated the amount of bling I had to wear, chose a ghastly hair clip and some bright orange lipstick he once bought me ! So if any parent saw a terribly dressed exhausted mum with neon orange lipstick on ... I apologise.
djy76

Re: Light Relief Topic

Post by djy76 »

I am sure your DS thought you looked fabulous!

I think I should join you looking for light relief as I can't join the other thread discussing contents of the tests, he can't remember a thing?!

DS came out of the test to meet his Dad (I was a jibbering wreck at home) and they called me, on talking to DS I had to check he was mine as he had an incredible case of verbal diarrhoea and being the quietest child normally I was shocked to say the least... Having said that nothing interesting came out of the conversation; I think it was just a case of sheer relief at having finished.

I have missed the homework though I think DS2 at 3 is a little young to start on just yet!!!
talea51

Post by talea51 »

I can't face the other topic about what was in the exam either. My dd has told me nothing beyond that she liked the comprehension passage and there were no spelling questions. The sum total of her input has been that I worry too much and that there is nothing that can be done about it now.

In fact she told me that I am a worryguts. If I even raise the topic of 11+, she lifts one eyebrow and says "worryguts" and that is the end of the conversation as far as she is concerned.

She's showing a far more mature attitude towards it than me! :lol:
bravado

Post by bravado »

DD2 and I made a pact not to discuss the exam content and we didn't - much safer that way :lol: I avoided all discussion about the exam on here as I knew that it would raise my stress levels and tempt me into asking her stuff. All she's really said about the VR, is that it had lots of codes. I'll hold your hands in blissful ignorance :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now