Dreading results weekend

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hopefuldad

Re: Dreading results weekend

Post by Hopefuldad »

Before the system changed, I got the results e-mail on a Monday, letter welcoming us to CCHS on the Tuesday and the actual allocation letter from LEA on the Friday. It was a terrible few nights.

They are very busy at these times and as the number of test sitters has "apparently" increased by a margin, then we have to be patient. If everyone assumed their results would be out on the 13th then anything before would b a bonus.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

My dd is still blissfully unaware of when results come out I will let her know as and when dependant on results :D
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
talea51

Post by talea51 »

mikedellfarm wrote:I think we should all take a little time to read the thread from last year about how the results were released. So many people expected to receive them at a certain time on a certain day (do read the 40 odd page thread) and didn't.

We've all been through enough already that a completely sleepless night next Friday won't help (especially if the news isn't good). What we can learn from last year is that we shouldn't expect that in exactly 7 days from writing this post, an email will ping into our mailbox.. it won't .

I also want us to think about how our DC will feel if we say we'll know before bedtime next Friday.. and we don't. I realise this is all easier said than done but I am certainly not telling DS exactly when he will know. I am also not going to get unduly worried if I haven't received an email next Friday afternoon. If you read what happened last year it was a complete mess. (I have had enough sleepless nights already that I don't want to stay up all night, drinking either too much coffee, wine, gin.. and posting on the Forum a continual stream of rubbish.. I might have to meet you all one day :D ).

Having said all of the above.. the email is going to Darling Husband's email address and he will probably be in the USA so I won't know anyway !
Excellent advice mikedellfarm! No matter what the results say, we still have to wait until 3rd March before we know what school we've been allocated so what we face now is a lot of waiting followed by more waiting!

I too don't want to stay up all night on Friday night drinking gin and watching my inbox. I plan on taking a sleeping tablet (because I won't sleep if I don't) and going to bed early. We will get our results sometime before Tuesday 15th. We still have to wait for the 21st for our CCHS results.

I am really not good at waiting...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now