Chelmsford CEM Results 2013 - General Discussion

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

butterfly36

Re: Chelmsford CEM Results 2013 - General Discussion

Post by butterfly36 »

Araucana girl - I really feel for you - I pop on and off the forum but from what I've seen, you've been monumentally helpful and supportive to so very many posters - I'm personally willing you very happy news for the CCHS result !!! Nice things should happen to nice people !!! We are still to receive our DD's CSSE result ..... Keep checking that inbox.......
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

butterfly36 wrote:Araucana girl - I really feel for you - I pop on and off the forum but from what I've seen, you've been monumentally helpful and supportive to so very many posters - I'm personally willing you very happy news for the CCHS result !!! Nice things should happen to nice people !!! We are still to receive our DD's CSSE result ..... Keep checking that inbox.......
Thank you for your kind words. Slowly coming to terms with it and we will see what next Wednesday brings. My friend still hasn't had her result yet .....

Hope you have a great score when it finally comes in. :D
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
lspr

Post by lspr »

Got DD's results

CEM=112.10

OOC for CCHS, so not sure if this is enough.
Good luck to Araucana girl's DD.
redbridge

Post by redbridge »

butterfly36 wrote:Araucana girl - I really feel for you - I pop on and off the forum but from what I've seen, you've been monumentally helpful and supportive to so very many posters - I'm personally willing you very happy news for the CCHS result !!! Nice things should happen to nice people !!! We are still to receive our DD's CSSE result ..... Keep checking that inbox.......
butterfly36 beautifully worded, Yes Nice things should happen to nice people , Wishing Araucana girl and her DD all the very best.
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

.. and its Araucana Girl's DD's birthday today.. fingers crossed its a fantastic one as she deserves it.
maharaj

Post by maharaj »

Hello all, please may I ask you a question about the terminology on the CEM results letter?

The letter says it can confirm the following
"In last years test (September 2013 entry) we admitted 96 girls from within the 12.5 mile priority area. The last girl offered a place from within the 12.5 mile priority area was ranked at position number 135 on the order of merit." It also says "In last years test (September 2013 entry) we admitted 24 girls from outside the 12.5 mile priority. The last girl offered a place from outside the 12.5 mile priority area was ranked at position number 65 on the order of merit."

My question is what do you think they mean exactly by the order of merit? All girls on the CSSE results list?

I guess the reason we won't be able to tell anything until March is because this year no-one will know how many who took the CEM test were out of catchment/taking it as a mock for the CSSE exam, so you could be a long way down the list but still have a chance?

Just saw the last post - Happy Birthday Araucana Girl's DD. :D I hope you get lovely news.

We're new to all this. Didn't do the CSSE as the other Grammar schools are just too far away to be feasible. My dd is at a state primary and we didn't tutor. Would welcome any input about terminology from parents who know more about this. Thank you for your time and I hope all letters arrive soon. I was shaking when I opened ours!
dez

Post by dez »

maharaj wrote:Hello all, please may I ask you a question about the terminology on the CEM results letter?

The letter says it can confirm the following
"In last years test (September 2013 entry) we admitted 96 girls from within the 12.5 mile priority area. The last girl offered a place from within the 12.5 mile priority area was ranked at position number 135 on the order of merit." It also says "In last years test (September 2013 entry) we admitted 24 girls from outside the 12.5 mile priority. The last girl offered a place from outside the 12.5 mile priority area was ranked at position number 65 on the order of merit."

My question is what do you think they mean exactly by the order of merit? All girls on the CSSE results list?

I guess the reason we won't be able to tell anything until March is because this year no-one will know how many who took the CEM test were out of catchment/taking it as a mock for the CSSE exam, so you could be a long way down the list but still have a chance?

Just saw the last post - Happy Birthday Araucana Girl's DD. :D I hope you get lovely news.

We're new to all this. Didn't do the CSSE as the other Grammar schools are just too far away to be feasible. My dd is at a state primary and we didn't tutor. Would welcome any input about terminology from parents who know more about this. Thank you for your time and I hope all letters arrive soon. I was shaking when I opened ours!
Order of Merit means all the DDs who sat the test are ranked according to their 11+ score irrespective of being IC or OOC!
BadDad

Post by BadDad »

Does anyone want to have a go at predicting the eventual cutoff for both ic and oc?
sharob

Post by sharob »

Post eventually arrived and no letter....:(
Surely they could have managed an email!
butterfly36

Post by butterfly36 »

Our post arrived - no CCHS letter :-( my heart nearly jumped out of my chest when the postie arrived !!! Good luck Araucana girl !!! I'm optimistic for you :-)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now