Information afternoons

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Araucana girl

Re: Information afternoons

Post by Araucana girl »

Is there any point in me going to the information afternoons at WHSG or SHSG with a score of 309.5 :( :( we are not in catchment. What are the chances that for SHSG the cut off will fall that much - I have a black cloud over my head at the moment :cry: :cry:
DD fortunately is okay with it all :)
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
talea51

Post by talea51 »

Araucana girl, I am sorry - I don't know the answer to that question. Your dd passed which is a huge achievement! I don't like this system at all. :( I have no idea how to improve it though other than for there to be more grammar school places.

Fingers crossed your dd is still in with a chance at CCHS.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

I just called WHSG and they are doing a short tour followed by the head teacher's talk. No siblings allowed but dd is expected to be there.
Finally

Post by Finally »

Araucana Girl - Just also want to say how sorry I am. DD also has a much lower score than expected so not sure if we have a chance either so I know how you feel :cry: My DD also scored very low in VR - I have spoken to her tutor this morning and like DD he has had a lot of people say that they actually found it fine yet scored really low. Obviously there are plenty of others that have done well in VR in it but it does make you wonder.

You have been a great source of inspiration and support to so many people on these boards it just seems so unfair. I am glad your DD is taking it well. I am sure she will do well wherever she goes. Just seems so unfair that if we were both i/c would be celebrating now. :(
hongkong

Post by hongkong »

From my experience from last year, my daughter was borderline and they told me- your daughter it borderline!! They said pretty much what I knew already she had a small chance. They just told me to have a good second choice. Because she was so close I didn't take her with me, as I thought it would be unfair if she didn't get in. In the end she did get a place off the waiting list.
Finally

Post by Finally »

Hi Hongkong

Thanks for your post. Do you mind me asking what your DD's score was and where you were on the waiting list?
Slogger

Post by Slogger »

If you're looking at Southend schools I'd go. The most useful and candid sessions I attended when going through the process. We took our son too and there were plenty of others attending too.
hongkong

Post by hongkong »

Finally I have sent you a pm.
Finally

Post by Finally »

Thank You :)
Godsgrace

Post by Godsgrace »

hongkong wrote:From my experience from last year, my daughter was borderline and they told me- your daughter it borderline!! They said pretty much what I knew already she had a small chance. They just told me to have a good second choice. Because she was so close I didn't take her with me, as I thought it would be unfair if she didn't get in. In the end she did get a place off the waiting list.

Please could u tell me what your daughter scored.