Discussion re CRGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Push

Discussion re CRGS

Post by Push »

Noticed on the other forum that there is a lot of info/feedback/review/banter on/of/about the QE Barnet from prospective parents as well as parents whose DS are currently studying at the School. The discussion runs in tens of pages. The discussion mostly focuses on the quality of pastoral care, sports, high pressure environment, home-work load, academic rigour etc. I was just curious as to why there is no such discussion on CRGS or I have simply missed spotting it on the forum.
crgsmum

Re: Discussion re CRGS

Post by crgsmum »

A couple of years ago there was quite a lot. Have a search and see what pops up from the past.

CRGS is a lovely lovely school with brilliant pastoral care. In fact, because it has boarders in the 6th form it is particularly well set up for this.

Apart from this it is alive with extra-curricular activities and has a very active Association which organises lots of events for the families too. It feels as if we are in the school every couple of weeks at something.

Although this school gets brilliant exam results it has a very light touch and quite rightly because the boys are really great and well motivated. We have been very pleased with the school and our DS has been very happy there.

If you have specific questions just post them and someone will answer but do have a delve into the past as well.
KB

Post by KB »

Yep there are quite a few of us CRGS parents around, so ask away.
Have no knowledge of the other school you mentioned but maybe part of the reason there is little 'discussion' about CRGS is because there isn't much negative input :)

It certainly isn't somewhere for a lazy child to coast through but apart from that it will suit most who get the score needed for a place. If DS has been coached beyond his real ability then he might have a tough time keeping up but the vast majority of the boys cope just fine and are given the appropriate support and encouragement.

Masses of extra-curricular activities and new ideas also encouraged.

Ethos is really special - great relationship of mutual respect between staff and pupils, especially as the older boys mature.
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

The more I read about CRGS, the more impressed I am. Maybe we should consider it as an option, although we have borderline scores (341.68).

Just a quick question, is transport from Chelmsford manageable ?
KB

Post by KB »

Lots of boys get the bus from Chelmsford so imagine is fine!
Push

Post by Push »

Hopefuldad wrote:The more I read about CRGS, the more impressed I am. Maybe we should consider it as an option, although we have borderline scores (341.68).

Just a quick question, is transport from Chelmsford manageable ?
Please have a look at this link on the CSSE web page for info on transport.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now