SHSG Head Teacher vacancy

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Readthequestiondear!

SHSG Head Teacher vacancy

Post by Readthequestiondear! »

Hi
I was browsing on the SHSG school website, and saw that there is a vacancy for the head teacher. Old head retiring, new head to start September 2014.
I feel quite put off applying to the school because of this, as I have heard some nightmare stories of disruptions to learning when new heads take over.
I would be interested to hear from current/prospective DD parents or any views on this.
thankgoditsover

Re: SHSG Head Teacher vacancy

Post by thankgoditsover »

My dd is in year 8, that fact that they are looking for a new head almost a year before the current one retires would indicate that not just any old Tom, Dick or Harry will get the job. The trouble is you only ever hear the horror stories not the pleasant ones, just like in pregnancy :lol:
Readthequestiondear!

Post by Readthequestiondear! »

I am still deliberating.........4 days for CAF to be in

The current head teacher's ethos and passion was conveyed as she spoke at the information afternoon's, which gave me the confidence that shsg has an environment where DD would definitley enjoy and thrive in.
Shsg is DD's first choice- she is in love with the school!

With a new head teacher coming and not having the opportunity to see if he/she gives similar vibes, will it be right of me to apply to shsg and hope that new head will give me similar confidence?

I would feel dissapointed/guilty if new head is not similar, if had known would not put shsg as 1st choice.
Finally

Post by Finally »

Hi

Yes I know what you mean. Such a shame as the same thing happened at DD's school and new head wasn't as good. However, like ThankGodItsOver has said they are taking a year to find someone new so are likely to be very fussy who they employ! It really is a lovely school - there does seem to be a nice atmosphere there which I haven't found at any other school. My DD also loves the school - I have even tried to put her off as we are o/c and it is a bit of a journey but she really wants to go there (if she gets in!).