National Allocation day - how early will we know

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

TigerMum

Re: National Allocation day - how early will we know

Post by TigerMum »

May I join you at your midnight party? I'll be there trying to log on too (different county though).... Can't wait until the morning, enough with the waiting already!

Mods, could we have a countdown banner on the website please? Not that that would make the time pass any quicker... :?
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

Talea51

Ok. Good luck to you and the other posters.

Up till now its been OK, but now time is dragging and I fear its going to be a LONG Feb. I suppose all the other borderline cases are feeling the same.

Unfortunately, I wont join your party on the 2nd but enjoy the champers.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

TigerMum wrote:May I join you at your midnight party? I'll be there trying to log on too (different county though).... Can't wait until the morning, enough with the waiting already!

Mods, could we have a countdown banner on the website please? Not that that would make the time pass any quicker... :?
Yes please the more the merrier :D
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Hopefuldad wrote:Talea51

Ok. Good luck to you and the other posters.

Up till now its been OK, but now time is dragging and I fear its going to be a LONG Feb. I suppose all the other borderline cases are feeling the same.

Unfortunately, I wont join your party on the 2nd but enjoy the champers.
We are borderline I think as well, as far as I can tell as CCHS and not much to go on. Time has been dragging, although with half term approaching I think it will fly now :shock:

Albert Einstein
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Morgan0210 wrote:
KB wrote:The web site does get updated from mid night but it can take a while to get logged on.
It is usually especially bad around 6am to 8am!
Sorry if I sound thick but do you just log in on Southend secondary admissions and allocated school is displayed there? X

As far as I can remember, you go to the page on the website where you submitted your form, and log in. I think the Southend site says allocations available from midnight on the night of Sunday 2nd March. I think we also get an email - one hopes not sent by the person who had the first go back in 2012, or at least, not unless they have been on a few "how to do mail merge" courses in the mentime...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

ToadMum wrote:
Morgan0210 wrote:
KB wrote:The web site does get updated from mid night but it can take a while to get logged on.
It is usually especially bad around 6am to 8am!
Sorry if I sound thick but do you just log in on Southend secondary admissions and allocated school is displayed there? X

As far as I can remember, you go to the page on the website where you submitted your form, and log in. I think the Southend site says allocations available from midnight on the night of Sunday 2nd March. I think we also get an email - one hopes not sent by the person who had the first go back in 2012, or at least, not unless they have been on a few "how to do mail merge" courses in the mentime...
Hmmm maybe those men need a female touch then :lol:

Albert Einstein
Slogger

Post by Slogger »

I stayed up last year to find out from the Essex site and knew the answer at 12.03 - very impressive!
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Slogger wrote:I stayed up last year to find out from the Essex site and knew the answer at 12.03 - very impressive!
Oh my, I think I will be too scared to look until 12.30am :D

Albert Einstein
Redtabby

Post by Redtabby »

I really feel for all of you waiting.

I was waiting last year and spent most of February 28th going bonkers.

I logged onto the Essex website so many times that day, just in case they posted early!

Myself and several others waiting on the run up to midnight were posting and supporting each other, so none of you will be on this forum alone.

By some freak of technology the Essex website updated at 11.56pm, so we actually found out early!

It was a joyful moment.

I wish all of you all the best for allocation day.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

Marvellous!!! So not only will I not be alone (we'll be having a midnight party with wine and chocolate and whatever else anyone cares to bring!) but there's the possibility that my manic clicking on refresh might even result in knowing the answer before midnight!

I am going to show these posts to DH, firstly to prove to him that I am not alone and secondly to prove to him that there is method to my madness! :lol: