Yellow Buses breaking down particularly 525

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jbmum

Yellow Buses breaking down particularly 525

Post by jbmum »

We have had a terrible year on the 525 and will be seeking alternative transport next term. I just wanted to say that anyone considering it for their new year 7s next year might be better looking at an alternative provider. First buses just do not seem to be taking this seriously. It just gets worse and worse. You pay more for a premium service which includes seat belts but there have been occasions this year when replacement buses have turned up very very late with not enough seats for everyone let alone belts. The driver is amazing so no criticism at all of him in fact if it weren't for him we would have left last year when there were also problems. If however you want to be sure that your DC will be late for school on a fairly regular basis and spend hours waiting for a bus, sitting on a broken down bus etc and then when a replacement bus arrives maybe not have a seat at all then throw your money at First Buses instead of down a drain.
crgsmum

Re: Yellow Buses breaking down particularly 525

Post by crgsmum »

Yes the service has not been good enough. It has been a bit hit and miss for a couple of years but the bus is getting older and older and they just don't seem able to keep it in a good enough state of repair. There are other services and this is very expensive so after last night we too are looking at other solutions. If you have a child starting next year I would not use this bus as you need something you can depend on when they start at "big school".
djy76

Post by djy76 »

I too had a dc on that bus and couldn't agree more that it is frustrating, this latest breakdown the evening before next term's bill arrived on my doormat :roll:
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

We too were caught up in yesterday's breakdown and our invoice arrived today. As far as I am aware, there have only been two since DS started in September. Saying that, we are paying for a premium service and this shouldn't be happening. Makes me very worried about how "unseriously" they seem to be taking the kids' safety.
dutchy005

Post by dutchy005 »

It is an utter disgrace. I agree with everyone else and I would definitely not even consider using a yellow bus for a year 7. I have a DS and a DD who are on this bus and we have been failed failed failed. First Buses don't care and the consortium is only concerned with getting your service charge off you and then wash their hands of the whole thing. No-one cares. Quite frankly they know that there is not much choice if you go to the Colchester schools on certain routes. At least the Chelmsford schools are near the station but you can't do CRGS or CCHS from the Colchester railway stations. There are however other options in terms of buses and let's be honest this is not at all the cheapest way to do it. I would however like to say how brilliant the 525 driver is, it must be miserable for him and the DCs do love him. Maybe we should all get together and try to sort out another solution for the Chelmsford to Colchester route that doesn't involve handing over money to the consortium where they just don't care.
crgsmum

Post by crgsmum »

I just wanted to bring this back to the top of the forum now everyone has been allocated places. I would definitely not recommend this service for year 7s DCs as it is now too unreliable and they will be upset if treated the way our DCs have been this year.

My year 12 will be getting a season ticket for next term and will not be on this bus as I cannot justify the cost anymore.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now