Travel from witham to shsg

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Juliemccracken

Travel from witham to shsg

Post by Juliemccracken »

Hi, my dd has a place at shsg and we live in witham.
I was hoping there were others planning to do this journey? if so what's the best way? Train or bus?

If she settles we plan to move, but don't want to uproot the whole family if she ends up hating it!

Thank you in anticipation.
Stressed.mum

Re: Travel from witham to shsg

Post by Stressed.mum »

There is a bus stop at wickham bishop, snows corner 0700 to southend.

I'm in similar situation as you.
Stressed.mum

Post by Stressed.mum »

Take a look at csse website, they have some information on bus routes and the bus fees.

I think it was around 430 pounds for zone b per term....
lastminutepanic

Post by lastminutepanic »

DS will also be travelling out from this area to WHSB.

I have had a look & there is a bus from Wickham Bishops (504). There is a bus from Witham, but for some strange reason does not service SHSG :?
Stressed.mum

Post by Stressed.mum »

http://www.csse.org.uk/images/simplefil ... 012015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

lastminutepanic wrote:
I have had a look & there is a bus from Wickham Bishops (504). There is a bus from Witham, but for some strange reason does not service SHSG :?
Quite a few of the contract buses don't go all the way to SHSG. Or sometimes they do, but don't advertise the fact! I think it's because it's so much further than the others, and not many people from out our way put SHSG on the form. I imagine that the OP could change at Westcliff schools, and either join one of the contract buses that goes on to SHSg or get an ordinary bus from there.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

FlightyRachel wrote:
lastminutepanic wrote:
Quite a few of the contract buses don't go all the way to SHSG. Or sometimes they do, but don't advertise the fact! I think it's because it's so much further than the others, and not many people from out our way put SHSG on the form. I imagine that the OP could change at Westcliff schools, and either join one of the contract buses that goes on to SHSg or get an ordinary bus from there.
Unfortunately, your DD would most likely be quite late for school if she tried to travel onwards from Southend Boys by public bus. There is no direct route. The best way,I think, would be to use the train to Southend Victoria then get the bus onwards to SHSG - you really want the train arriving at Southend Vic at 7.52 to be sure of being on time.

There are contract buses to the girls' school (one of DD's friends gets one from Chelmsford), but they don't always get there on time.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Juliemccracken

Post by Juliemccracken »

Thank you for the info, will look at it, is your daughter going to SHSG too?
Stressed.mum

Post by Stressed.mum »

Juliemccracken wrote:
Thank you for the info, will look at it, is your daughter going to SHSG too?
My DD will be travelling to WHSG, so it will be likely she gets the 504 bus, as it starts from wickham bishop at 0700, arriving 0805, rather than 0640 bus 594 and arriving 0817. it is also a little bit more cheaper on the 504 bus.
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Is anyone's DS or DD going to be travelling from Witham to CRGS or ColCGH on a contract bus? I was hoping my DS would have a bus buddy who's in his year that will be at the same bus stop as he's a bit apprehensive about getting the bus. I've not heard of anyone else yet with the Colchester Schools from Witham.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now