CSSE Entry 2014 - General Discussion - Chit-Chat

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

talea51

Re: CSSE Entry 2014 - General Discussion - Chit-Chat

Post by talea51 »

ToadMum wrote:Fingers crossed for you that there will be movement on the waiting lists in the coming week.

Can't help thinking, though, that if you placed CRGS first preference and your DS's score would have got him an offer on March 3rd if only your LA had actually told Essex that you wanted a place, you should get it now, rather than being put on the waiting list?
Agreed. It strikes me as very unfair that your ds should have to be on the waiting list when in fact, he should have gotten a place on 3rd March. Your LEA are at fault, not you and therefore I really don't see why your ds shouldn't have a place now.

I think you should speak to Essex again and see if you can't push for him to be given the place now.

Good luck and so sorry you've had this experience. Hopefully come Sept it will all be a distant memory and your ds will be sporting his brand new CRGS blazer!
KB

Post by KB »

I agree it isn't fair but it would be totaly unprecedented for your DS not to be given a place from the waiting list pretty much straight away so in practice I wouldn't waste the effort fighting for a place now.
I would just assume he had a place and enjoy his success in getting the score he did.
Make this time as special as you can given the upset there has already been ( through no fault of your own) and look forward to September.
So pleased for you that they finally admitted fault and you have it sorted out.
moved

Post by moved »

I would contact CRGS. This happened several years ago to a family I know for SHSB and the child was given a place by the school even though this put them one over PAN. Last year there was a case for KEGS on the forum and again the child was given a place despite PAN.

Do not accept a place on the waiting list; that is for late applicants.
Ester-Sally

Post by Ester-Sally »

Thanks all for the support and tips - very helpful.
Yes it was very painful to go through but we are trying to put that aside. As long as we are getting the offer in next couple of weeks, happy to accept.
jbmum

Post by jbmum »

Don't forget the appeal process too. One of the fist things they ask is whether the correct procedure was followed. Putting in appeal paperwork might make someone act. Why don't you ask the question on the appeals section of the forum and see what the experts there think.
Ester-Sally

Post by Ester-Sally »

We got offer letter from CRGS last week!!! Delighted :D
It did has a happy ending; but hope no other parent goes through the same.
Now going through To-Do-List.. relocation, searching primary school for my younger DD and the list goes on...
KB

Post by KB »

Great news!
Sounds like you are going to be busy.
Have a trawl on here for previous chat giving info to other people who are relocating to be closer to CRGS.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

So pleased you got your allocation sorted Ester-Sally.

At least 3 mistakes were made this year.

So SHSB, WHSG and CRGS are all 1 over PAN due to mistakes being made and DC not being allocated the correct school on 3rd March ever when they had a qualifying score and placed it at position number 1 on their CAF.
KB

Post by KB »

I don't think there us any reason to think Crgs are over PAN. Ester-sally's DS was put top of the waiting list ( rightly or wrongly ) rather than being given a place straight away so presumably someone has turned down a place?
So glad he is sorted out relatively quickly but awful of course that errors happen at all.
Just hope there haven't been any that haven't come to light!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now