Is this an appeal scenario?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
BaffledMum

Is this an appeal scenario?

Post by BaffledMum »

Hi
I am new to ths forum however I have visited as a browser in the past and found it very useful. I need your help now please. We currently live in Waltham Forest. We sat the CSSE test because we wanted to move further into Essex. My DS score is 343.378. We were hoping to get CRGS based on the historical data however after seeing higher scores not getting in I was not surprised when we finally got our offer from WF that he did not get a CRGS offer. i was however shocked that we did not get O/C Southend or Westcliff as I have seen one or two lower scores o/c DCs offered a place in one of the other threads. Also I have noted that some people in Southend already know what their waiting list position is. How did they get this information? . If other O/C DCs that have lower scores have got in will this be grounds for appeal? Or could it just be an admin error that can be sorted without appeal.

Also do you know of any O/C offers for Southend or Westcliff with scores lower than my DS?

Thanks
dez

Re: Is this an appeal scenario?

Post by dez »

BaffledMum wrote:Hi
I am new to ths forum however I have visited as a browser in the past and found it very useful. I need your help now please. We currently live in Waltham Forest. We sat the CSSE test because we wanted to move further into Essex. My DS score is 343.378. We were hoping to get CRGS based on the historical data however after seeing higher scores not getting in I was not surprised when we finally got our offer from WF that he did not get a CRGS offer. i was however shocked that we did not get O/C Southend or Westcliff as I have seen one or two lower scores o/c DCs offered a place in one of the other threads. Also I have noted that some people in Southend already know what their waiting list position is. How did they get this information? . If other O/C DCs that have lower scores have got in will this be grounds for appeal? Or could it just be an admin error that can be sorted without appeal.

Also do you know of any O/C offers for Southend or Westcliff with scores lower than my DS?

Thanks
How did you ranked your school preferences on the CAF form?
Is your DS being offered any of the schools on your CAF?
BaffledMum

Post by BaffledMum »

CRGS
Southend
Westcliff
and other local comp. I did not think that the ranking order matters? Yes he was offered our Local Comp.
jojo2305

Post by jojo2305 »

Hi BaffledMum, I have pm you x
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

BaffledMum wrote:CRGS
Southend
Westcliff
and other local comp. I did not think that the ranking order matters? Yes he was offered our Local Comp.
was this the actual rank on the form?
BaffledMum

Post by BaffledMum »

Yes that iwas the rank order. However I though this did not matter?
BaffledMum

Post by BaffledMum »

Yes, it was. I thought rank order on the form did not matter?
dez

Post by dez »

BaffledMum wrote:CRGS
Southend
Westcliff
The actual ranking of your preference school does matter as the local authority will offer the school you preferred as indicated on your CAF. If you have ranked The local comprehensive above both WHSB & SHSB your DS will not offered a place in either even if he has a qualifying CSSE score!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

BaffledMum wrote:Yes that iwas the rank order. However I though this did not matter?
It was just on the off chance that you had put the comprehensive above the grammar schools in which case you would be have been given the comprehensive regardless of the scores you got. If you put the 3 GS first then they would be considered first .

It sounds like we need to look a bit more closely at all the scores we have so far to see what is going on as it is a good score...

In this thread there do seem to be some o/c scores that are lower than yours for Westcliff and Southend - the cutoff appears to be 340-341

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 15&t=36479" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and here: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 9&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think you should check with WF about the allocation and get them to check the scores required for both Southend and Westcliff.. let us know how you get on.
BaffledMum

Post by BaffledMum »

Thanks hermanmunster. I wanted the Grammars so they were first. I have emailed all the admission authorities, including WF as this was the only option
because our offer arrived at 7pm. I should get on the phone in the morning.