CRGS INFORMATION PACKS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KB

Re: CRGS INFORMATION PACKS

Post by KB »

Ah but its like Christmas, you don't want to wind up the excitement too soon :)
There is a thread somewhere on the general post 11+ forum with some good ideas about getting ready for year 7 if you really want to start buying some bits and planning!
Year 6 fun will start soon so they will soon be caught up in all the 'our last time' memory making and June will arrive all too soon.
Meanwhile start saving for the purple blazer :wink:
milada

Post by milada »

KB wrote: it runs all afternoon - with 'exhibitions' and talks running throughout so am sure he will get to see interesting stuff whatever time you get there.
Thanks, KB :D
Love2run

Post by Love2run »

KB wrote:Ah but its like Christmas, you don't want to wind up the excitement too soon :)
There is a thread somewhere on the general post 11+ forum with some good ideas about getting ready for year 7 if you really want to start buying some bits and planning!
Year 6 fun will start soon so they will soon be caught up in all the 'our last time' memory making and June will arrive all too soon.
Meanwhile start saving for the purple blazer :wink:

You are right, once the SATS are out of the way they can enjoy the rest of year 6
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

Won't allow any of you to be disappointed with your letter today.. I was overwhelmed to see the letterhead and to read the words. We are so very fortunate.

For those on the waiting lists or praying for a shake down in numbers accepting their places I should tell you the text says that we must complete a reply form either accepting, or declining the place, to arrive no later than Friday 14 March. The information evening for the parents of new entrants is Wednesday 25 June at 7pm and the induction day for pupils is Thursday 3rd July.
Love2run

Post by Love2run »

There was a thrill in walking into the school grounds thinking that the boys will be there in a few months time :)
KB

Post by KB »

Most of you seem to be walking distance but for any who are not, its worth leaving plenty of time for the parents evening as parking can take a while. They open up the playground at the back of school through the back gate but it may coincide with a new group of 6th formers on parking duty and combined with pretty much a full year group of parents ....
felgate

Post by felgate »

After eagerly anticipating the crgs information pack, I was actually quite amused by the lack of information in it. I'm so relieved to receive it anyway as I have been half expecting to get a letter or phone call any minute telling us that there'd been a terrible mix up and my DS hadn't actually got a place. Still have to pinch myself. Have been having little moments all week when I suddenly think 'He's going to CRGS!'So to actually see the offer of a place in writing from the school made my day today. I would have been chuffed with a postcard with the words 'see you in September' :D

Good luck to anyone on the waiting list, I really feel for you. I hope people between 340-345 get a positive outcome soon because 12am on 3rd March must have been absolutely heartbreaking.- I am still quite shocked how high the required score seems to be this year. I can't understand it really. The Kegs 12.5mile catchment came into effect last year (or was it the year before)and 339 ish would have got you in on national allocation day 2013 whereas this year it seems to be 346. I have wondered if some people have put CRGS as a first choice but maybe now are thinking actually its a bit too far to commute to and therefore will be turning down a place. I guess we'll find out more on 11th March.

Anyway my thoughts are with you if you are on the waiting list x
BaffledMum

Post by BaffledMum »

Thanks for Your thoughtful words felgate. We are keeping everything crossed until Tuesday when we will find out waiting list position....
Love2run

Post by Love2run »

Keep the thought that the waiting list moved by 17 places last year with the last boy getting a place in July
milada

Post by milada »

Last edited by milada on Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now