Waiting lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mojojojo

Re: Waiting lists

Post by mojojojo »

Thanks ahap - I have phoned Southend, several times. Unfortunately they just keep saying that they can't tell me anything yet (other than the w/l placing on offer day), which was why I ended up calling Essex to ask if they'd heard anything (I realised that they wouldn't have the w/l info, but optimistically hoped they might have had an offer communicated).

Anyway, the wait contiues, and I will update if I hear anything!
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

On the infopack from WHSB, we had to respond with all the details requested and formaly accepting the place by 28/03/14 which is the end of this week. So I suspect they will have better info by early next week. This may well be the reason why w/l havent been updated
ahap

Post by ahap »

mojojojo pmed
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
ahap

Post by ahap »

In 2012, 27th of March was the day that some higher up in the waiting list for Southend schools got offered. So fingers crossed they receive rejections before that. 2 more days if that is the case.

Does anyone know whether any places were released at Kegs? Any movement in the Kegs waiting list? Looks like all the schools are on hold except ChCHS.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Saffery13

Post by Saffery13 »

CRGS had moved one place when I called Essex yesterday
Jim's Dad

Post by Jim's Dad »

Hopefuldad wrote:On the infopack from WHSB, we had to respond with all the details requested and formaly accepting the place by 28/03/14 which is the end of this week. So I suspect they will have better info by early next week. This may well be the reason why w/l havent been updated
I hadn't read the info letter in enough detail and we got a reminder phone call yesterday saying that we hadn't got back to them yet - all done now.
So would agree, everything should be a bit more concrete next week. DS still hoping for SHSB really - no. 7 on in-catchment waiting list.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Quite a bit of the "new" catchment area being places which were until last year OOC, there may still be people who are dithering over the journey to SHSB, or hoping for a place to come up at KEGS, so I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Back in 2008, we were given class lists at the parents' info evening in July and yet come September there was at least one boy DS1 mentioned from school whose name hadn't been on that list, so there had obviously been some movement over the summer.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Thanks again, everyone.

I have another waiting list related question: we are being pushed by the local non-selective school that we have an offer from to either accept or reject our place - 2 letters and now a voicemail today.

The original letter only states that "it would help" them with allocations, which I obviously realise but until we know if dd has a place at Southend, I'm not sure what we are meant to do.

Should we accept the local comp and then notify them if we receive a place at SHSG? Or would that remove us from the waiting list? The added complication is that we are moving in a few months and may even have to start looking at other comps closer to where we will live.

Sorry for rambling, just feeling a bit confused and pressured at the moment!
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

mojojojo wrote:Thanks again, everyone.

I have another waiting list related question: we are being pushed by the local non-selective school that we have an offer from to either accept or reject our place - 2 letters and now a voicemail today.

The original letter only states that "it would help" them with allocations, which I obviously realise but until we know if dd has a place at Southend, I'm not sure what we are meant to do.

Should we accept the local comp and then notify them if we receive a place at SHSG? Or would that remove us from the waiting list? The added complication is that we are moving in a few months and may even have to start looking at other comps closer to where we will live.

Sorry for rambling, just feeling a bit confused and pressured at the moment!
Yes you need to accept your comp school at this stage. You will stay on the list for your schools that are higher on the list.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Thanks StephiB