SHSB-7ST3

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pinkrabbit38

SHSB-7ST3

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Hi all

Hope all the boys had a great day at SHSB today.

My son is in 7ST3, is anyone else?

He's in Troy....bought some uniform after school, it's starting to feel real now!
Saltylerjoel

Re: SHSB-7ST3

Post by Saltylerjoel »

Yes, my DS is also in 7ST3 (along with the only other boy in his school who passed the 11+), but his house is Sparta. He enjoyed the day and has signed up for loads of clubs! He is looking forward to the Olympiad tomorrow now.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Saltylerjoel wrote:Yes, my DS is also in 7ST3 (along with the only other boy in his school who passed the 11+), but his house is Sparta. He enjoyed the day and has signed up for loads of clubs! He is looking forward to the Olympiad tomorrow now.
Brilliant!

My son also signed up for clubs...robotics and computers I believe
Kace

Post by Kace »

My ds is in 7ST1 and in Sparta (and signed up for six clubs last week!). Do either of you know when the school-home agreement that we got on Monday needs to be back by? I'm not sure if it's August 10 with the ParentMail details or at the beginning of term...
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Also 7ST1 here, but in Troy :)

When DS1 started back in 2008, I was chided by his form tutor via him for not having sent it in by the third day, but I think the first day of term would have done.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Saltylerjoel

Post by Saltylerjoel »

Does anyone know if the boys will be doing CATs in Year 7 or how they will be put into sets for Maths (using SATS levels)?
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

No CAT tests. Last year boys were set for maths according to their SATs level/11 plus maths score.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Blitz wrote:No CAT tests. Last year boys were set for maths according to their SATs level/11 plus maths score.
How many sets do they have? My son just got level 6 in his maths sats which I imagine quite a few grammar school kids will have got....so do they have a few top sets? Do they really look at 11+ marks which are a year old?

Sorry for all the questions!
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

A lot of prep schools dont do sats, so for those children and the previously home educated, the 11 plus score will be all the school has.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

StephiB wrote:
Blitz wrote:No CAT tests. Last year boys were set for maths according to their SATs level/11 plus maths score.
How many sets do they have? My son just got level 6 in his maths sats which I imagine quite a few grammar school kids will have got....so do they have a few top sets? Do they really look at 11+ marks which are a year old?

Sorry for all the questions!
Off the top of my head and thinking back to DS1, 2 'higher' and one 'lower' Maths set in each of the 'ST' and 'EA' halves of the year, but I may be wrong / things may have changed.

DS1 scored 21 out of 38 in the Maths paper in the 11+; he started off in a lower set but fairly soon moved into a higher one, much to the annoyance of the boy he displaced...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx