Higher score needed for St Bernard than SHSG/WHSG???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

michy1969

Higher score needed for St Bernard than SHSG/WHSG???

Post by michy1969 »

The CSSE have removed it from their site but I checked it before it was moved and it said 307/8 needed for St Bernard but only 303 for WHSG

Is this right? Tell me I am wrong

I am becoming more and more confused

Also when I try to login to CSSE site it says "unknown error".........GREAT :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Nikkibeak

Re: Higher score needed for St Bernard than SHSG/WHSG???

Post by Nikkibeak »

They've probably removed the log in function until the results are ready. They could have already started loading the results. There's not anything we need to log in for now the exams are over as all that was in that area I think was our application. The rest of the site should be available without logging in :D

There was a link to the guidance scores sheet on a thread the other day. That should show what score you need for St Bernards.
Manana

Post by Manana »

They have updated the CSSE page. It says you can check your results after 9am this Saturday by clicking on the blue box....
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

I think the 308 figure refers to all candidates, so occ too. So a girl living in Wickford scoring 309 probably will not get a WHSG or SHSG place but may get a St Bernard's place.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

For what it's worth, I've never seen the figure for 'selective' entrants to St Bernard's in our Secondary School Admissions booklet go anywhere near the theoretical maximum of 63 - usually it's not more than a dozen. So the 307/8 is probably just the score of the last girl from in or out of catchment who for some reason wanted a place at the school and didn't qualify under any of the myriad religious affiliation categories so applied for a selective place. Could be an OOC girl whose parents just wanted a selective place of any description, or an IC girl who might have qualified for a faith place but thought they would maximise their chances by applying for an academic place as well. We didn't apply to St. Bernard's for DD but I assume the CAF asks whether you want to be considered for the other route as well when you request a selective place there, as it does for the partially selective schools.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now