12 Days to go-how can that be!?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nikkibeak

Re: 12 Days to go-how can that be!?

Post by Nikkibeak »

it'll be a toss up which comes 1st then, post on the Sat or the results being published. I'll just have to sit with my laptop on the doorstep :lol:
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Nikkibeak wrote:it'll be a toss up which comes 1st then, post on the Sat or the results being published. I'll just have to sit with my laptop on the doorstep :lol:
Last year the results started being emailed Friday afternoon....got ours about 5pm(after finding them in our spam folder!!!)
KB

Post by KB »

Not sure if the 2 stage process is better or worse than the relatively long wait under the old system!
Manana

Post by Manana »

StephiB wrote:
Nikkibeak wrote:it'll be a toss up which comes 1st then, post on the Sat or the results being published. I'll just have to sit with my laptop on the doorstep :lol:
Last year the results started being emailed Friday afternoon....got ours about 5pm(after finding them in our spam folder!!!)
Were you told in advance that you'd be emailed on the Friday afternoon?

I presume this year, there won't be an email at all? It'll just be a login and check facility online? (which will probably crash as 4000 people will be trying to log in at the same time :lol: )

Who's got the highest candidate number? I wonder how many people are sitting it this year? We're a piffly 95 or something :shock:
Mrs Sinatra

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

We're in the high 2000s! Nearly 3000.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Mrs Sinatra wrote:We're in the high 2000s! Nearly 3000.
We're 123.

I think we get an email this year too....remember reading it somewhere??
Manana

Post by Manana »

StephiB wrote:
Mrs Sinatra wrote:We're in the high 2000s! Nearly 3000.
We're 123.

I think we get an email this year too....remember reading it somewhere??
Oh really? Can you let me know if you remember where you saw that. I haven't seen anything about an email but I would like one, too 8)

Actually, I still want an email telling my I'd submitted my form ok. The fact that I checked it about 5000 times and it was probably submitted that many times too, makes me think they won't send me an email on purpose now out of spite :lol: :lol:
Mrs Sinatra

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

Actually, I still want an email telling my I'd submitted my form ok. The fact that I checked it about 5000 times and it was probably submitted that many times too, makes me think they won't send me an email on purpose now out of spite :lol: :lol:
I emailed them to make sure they had received my application and I got an email back saying yes they had. I agree though, surely an auto email ( to confirm registration) would stop a lot of people contacting them and worrying pointlessly.

Also, how childish am I to take small delight in the spelling error in the letter confirming test details. :?
Manana

Post by Manana »

Mrs Sinatra wrote:
I emailed them to make sure they had received my application and I got an email back saying yes they had. I agree though, surely an auto email ( to confirm registration) would stop a lot of people contacting them and worrying pointlessly.

Also, how childish am I to take small delight in the spelling error in the letter confirming test details. :?
Ha ha-fantastic. I hope you wrote and told them!

I think it will be midnight on the Friday. They'll obviously know by first thing on Friday really if they're putting the results in envelopes though, won't they?
Mrs Sinatra

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

Ha ha-fantastic. I hope you wrote and told them!

Tempting though it was, coming from a school that prides itself on academic achievement....but no, I did not. We can all err I tell myself...

It was my daughter who spotted it, not I. If only she could spot her own spelling mistakes, bless her!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now