The very best of luck to everyone and a gentle reminder...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bravado

The very best of luck to everyone and a gentle reminder...

Post by bravado »

I want to wish everyone the very best of luck for tomorrow :D :D :D :D
This morning, whilst drinking my coffee, I recalled to DH how I felt 2 years ago and I thought about you all. It won't be easy over the next 18 hours but please try to cherish the quiet moments.

May I also take this opportunity to gently remind you all not to discuss the exam content on the forum until after the alternative exam date has passed?
ToadMum

Re: The very best of luck to everyone and a gentle reminder.

Post by ToadMum »

For as long as I am aware, the CSSE has used a different paper for the reserve date; have they said that this time they will be using the same paper for both sittings?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Morgan0210

Post by Morgan0210 »

Best of luck to everyone for tomorrow!!!
Dd said when she came home from school how weird it was at school this morning all the desks were bring put out in sports hall ready for tomorrow and she said she can't believe a year ago almost ago she was sitting in that hall doing her test and dreaming of getting a place at her choosen school!
Take it easy everyone and all the best for tomorrow x
Kace

Post by Kace »

Thinking of all the children sitting their 11+ today and of all the parents waiting until it's time to collect them afterwards.
I remember this day last year so well - and next year will be dd1's turn...
michy1969

Post by michy1969 »

738 girls at WHSG today................Yikes
fausto

Post by fausto »

ToadMum - my DS1 sat the alternate date last year and got a totally different paper, took about a month to work out the text was from The Lord of the Flies !
bravado

Post by bravado »

ToadMum wrote:For as long as I am aware, the CSSE has used a different paper for the reserve date; have they said that this time they will be using the same paper for both sittings?
Better to be safe, than sorry :D
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

michy1969 wrote:738 girls at WHSG today................Yikes
Yes it was unbelievable!!
And the waiting begins...
Ladygala

Post by Ladygala »

Could not believe the crowds today, and the parents who turned up later than the ones who have queued patiently, only to try and park right outside the school and clog up the road! Anyway, dd came out and look relieved that it was over. Just wanted to say a big thank you to this website. It was my first time on this 'journey' and this forum has been an emotional lifeline through the ups and downs. Good luck to all the dcs who have taken this test. Awaiting results now... Yikes!
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Oh my goodness after all the months of prep and tutoring and the days of planning where we would park today, when we would leave etc so that we could arrive there feeling relatively calm, mother nature decided that wasn't what she wanted. We were woken up at 6 by overhead storms and torrential rain. By the time we left at 7.45 all of the major routes out of my town were well and truly flooded! We had to drive through a massive puddle across the whole of the road with 2 wheels up on the path in 2 places and then drive through the back roads to get out. It was very scary! I was thinking we were going to have to ring and say we couldn't get there! My DS was in the back of the car not sure whether to panic about the conditions, whether or not we would get there, or the test. So glad it was only my town that had taken the brunt of it and after a few miles the roads were fine and we got there in plenty of time.

Such a relief it's all over! I think I deserve a cheeky glass of wine or two this eve :lol:

Now the waiting begins!