Results Day. Is it the 10th, 11th or 12th?? 9am? midnight?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Manana

Re: Results Day. Is it the 10th, 11th or 12th?? 9am? midnigh

Post by Manana »

StephiB wrote:
Manana wrote:
Nikkibeak wrote:I have no clue how my DS will have done because he 'can't remember' any of the questions or his answers or what he wrote in the continuous writing :roll: I really do just have to wait and see. Although a score for each of x out y won't really help as we won't know what we're aiming for this year. I wonder if we will be given a rank number like I've seen some people have had in previous years? That will give us a bit of a clue of if we're anywhere near where we need to be.
How did the rankings used to work? Were they for each school on your list, or for the top one only? I suppose they can't do that as they don't know our school preferences. They could rank everyone our of 4000, I suppose? Or would they do boys and girls?
Ranking would be good but like you say how would it work. I suppose they could rank all the boys for the 4 boys schools and then the girls for the 3 girls schools. I suspect though we will just get a score. They will probably tell you what scores were needed last year but with a proviso that the papers were different this year. At the meetings after the results last year the Southend schools were able to tell parents that all in catchment kids scoring over 303 would get a place in one of the Southend schools.
Are there 4 boys schools and only three girls schools then? I didn't know that.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Boys: KEGS, WHSB, SHSB and CRGS

Girls: WHSG, COLCHS and SHSG
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

The CSSE exam also applies to the partially selectives, so there is actually 5 boys, 4 girls and two mixed schools.
Manana

Post by Manana »

StephiB wrote:Boys: KEGS, WHSB, SHSB and CRGS

Girls: WHSG, COLCHS and SHSG
Ah, I see. Not including St Bernard's, Tommy Mores, Shoebury and Cecil.
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Aaah I must have misunderstood the rankings when I was reading the older threads. In one thread I read something along the lines of VR 69 Maths 32 English 33 CRGS Rank 152. I thought that meant that the child had come 152 out of all of the boys that sat the test at CRGS.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

No it meant that he came 152 out of all of the boys that listed CRGS as one of their choices on the CAF, regardless of where they sat the exam. Consequently boys ranked eg 120 would usually get a place despite there only being 96 places as some of the top 96 would have another school, usually KEGS as a higher choice.
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Minesatea wrote:No it meant that he came 152 out of all of the boys that listed CRGS as one of their choices on the CAF, regardless of where they sat the exam. Consequently boys ranked eg 120 would usually get a place despite there only being 96 places as some of the top 96 would have another school, usually KEGS as a higher choice.
Oops i'd totally misunderstood that then lol :oops:
Manana

Post by Manana »

I reckon we'll get a score, eg 334 (or potentially 302.9 in my DD's case, by the post-mortem of questions I've been discussing :lol: ) and the marks for each test, eg 33/60 English and 41/60 Maths. I think they'll then give you a chart like they have done two years ago (did they do that last year, too?) saying if you got 303+ you'll get a place at SHSG etc

I think they'll cleverly standardise it to make the same number of people get the same standardised score so it'll mean the same as in previous years. If that makes sense. I'm not even sure it makes sense to me :lol:
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Manana wrote:I reckon we'll get a score, eg 334 (or potentially 302.9 in my DD's case, by the post-mortem of questions I've been discussing :lol: ) and the marks for each test, eg 33/60 English and 41/60 Maths. I think they'll then give you a chart like they have done two years ago (did they do that last year, too?) saying if you got 303+ you'll get a place at SHSG etc

I think they'll cleverly standardise it to make the same number of people get the same standardised score so it'll mean the same as in previous years. If that makes sense. I'm not even sure it makes sense to me :lol:
I hope so because if only having the 2 papers brings the scores down to 202 etc i'll never be able to figure out how we've done :lol:
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

Nikkibeak wrote:
Manana wrote:I reckon we'll get a score, eg 334 (or potentially 302.9 in my DD's case, by the post-mortem of questions I've been discussing :lol: ) and the marks for each test, eg 33/60 English and 41/60 Maths. I think they'll then give you a chart like they have done two years ago (did they do that last year, too?) saying if you got 303+ you'll get a place at SHSG etc

I hope so because if only having the 2 papers brings the scores down to 202 etc i'll never be able to figure out how we've done :lol:
Oh no I never thought the score would change from 303, but maybe you're right....like CCHS being scores in the early 100's.....
Last edited by pushymother on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now