The second sitting?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MacPac

Re: The second sitting?

Post by MacPac »

Manana wrote:
MacPac wrote:Yes it's tomorrow. I've been having horrible dreams about results day. I'm not sure of the time. Hopefully some people will be along to tell us the questions we still don't know though :lol:

I've discovered the answer to the last question on the maths paper if you're interested. I can't explain the question though haha.
I was thinking of making a spreadsheet on the information we'd gleaned between us so far!! That really is taking things too far though and I should probably do some housework instead.

Yes please-can you PM me!!
A spreadsheet is a marvellous idea! I do have all the questions we know written down somewhere but I'm trying to forget about it because the odds so far are not in our favour :lol:
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

MacPac wrote:
Manana wrote:
MacPac wrote:Yes it's tomorrow. I've been having horrible dreams about results day. I'm not sure of the time. Hopefully some people will be along to tell us the questions we still don't know though :lol:

I've discovered the answer to the last question on the maths paper if you're interested. I can't explain the question though haha.
I was thinking of making a spreadsheet on the information we'd gleaned between us so far!! That really is taking things too far though and I should probably do some housework instead.

Yes please-can you PM me!!
A spreadsheet is a marvellous idea! I do have all the questions we know written down somewhere but I'm trying to forget about it because the odds so far are not in our favour :lol:
Oh wow, you've managed to find out some of the questions? My DS is still being very vague. I'm sure just to wind me up lol. Will you PM me? :lol:
Mrs Sinatra

Post by Mrs Sinatra »

I hope it's a different paper. As I said, by 12.30 on exam day (the time my DD sat down to sit hers) I was sat in a cafe in Colchester and I already knew a great deal of the paper as the boy as the next table had sat the exam that morning. By the time I'd got to my car, various friends had rung, whose children weren't even sitting the paper, and knew loads about what was in the paper. I thought then, this isn't really very fair if it's the same paper.

My DD hasn't said anything specific about the paper, and I haven't asked. Best that way I think. :D

Is it always a different paper on the second sitting? I just wondered why they never make the other paper available as 'past papers'. They only ever have one paper per year iyswim, so I did wonder...
Last edited by Mrs Sinatra on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacPac

Post by MacPac »

Nikkibeak wrote:
Oh wow, you've managed to find out some of the questions? My DS is still being very vague. I'm sure just to wind me up lol. Will you PM me? :lol:
[/quote][/quote]

Between our two children we've ascertained about 20 marks worth of questions from the English paper. I'll PM you in a bit because I'm on my phone which is too fiddly and there's so much to write!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

May I suggest no details are given to anyone yet?
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Guest55 wrote:May I suggest no details are given to anyone yet?
Agree. Best to be late in helping anyone sitting exams this year and plenty of time to be early in giving guidance for next year.
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

MacPac wrote:
Nikkibeak wrote:
[/quote]

Between our two children we've ascertained about 20 marks worth of questions from the English paper. I'll PM you in a bit because I'm on my phone which is too fiddly and there's so much to write![/quote]

Thanks. I think it's a different paper...isn't that why they do the standardising to close the gap if one lot of papers are more difficult than the other?
Manana

Post by Manana »

Can we talk about it now!?

Or is there a third sitting? Or a fourth!?
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

Manana wrote:Can we talk about it now!?

Or is there a third sitting? Or a fourth!?
You are lucky to know.

DD refuses to discuss the test. I only know what the reading sample was because her friend told me!
ahap

Post by ahap »

There is normally another sitting in May for children who move in to the area.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now