Just emailed the CSSE

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Manana

Just emailed the CSSE

Post by Manana »

to check what time the online checker will be. They've said it will be available over the weekend but wouldn't confirm a time. They said it definitely wouldn't be before 9am but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be from 9am!!
eipi=-1

Re: Just emailed the CSSE

Post by eipi=-1 »

Can I just say Manana how appreciative I am of your constant input. I can guess how you are feeling and whilst you are more overt regarding your emotional rollercoaster of a journey, I can guarantee you that others are feeling EXACTLY the same (but just haven't got the gall to admit it!) :mrgreen:
Morgan0210

Post by Morgan0210 »

Manana wrote:to check what time the online checker will be. They've said it will be available over the weekend but wouldn't confirm a time. They said it definitely wouldn't be before 9am but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be from 9am!!

They told me last year that emails would be sent at the close of business (think 4.30 or 5pm) on the Friday and they wouldn't be sent before that but surprisingly people started receiving emails around 1.30-2pm and my email arrived around 4pm so was before even though they had said it definately wouldn't arrive early it did! Fingers crossed for you all totally know what your all going through good luck everyone x
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Morgan0210 wrote:
Manana wrote:to check what time the online checker will be. They've said it will be available over the weekend but wouldn't confirm a time. They said it definitely wouldn't be before 9am but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be from 9am!!

They told me last year that emails would be sent at the close of business (think 4.30 or 5pm) on the Friday and they wouldn't be sent before that but surprisingly people started receiving emails around 1.30-2pm and my email arrived around 4pm so was before even though they had said it definately wouldn't arrive early it did! Fingers crossed for you all totally know what your all going through good luck everyone x
Oh nooooooo! There was me thinking I could go to bed on Friday night and toss and turn all night and not get up til 9 but now you've said that I'll have to get up at the crack of dawn to keep checking. I bet Manana will too :lol:
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

Nikkibeak wrote:
Morgan0210 wrote:

Oh nooooooo! There was me thinking I could go to bed on Friday night and toss and turn all night and not get up til 9 but now you've said that I'll have to get up at the crack of dawn to keep checking. I bet Manana will too :lol:
I will start checking at 3am!!!! :lol: :lol:
Manana

Post by Manana »

Nikkibeak wrote:
Morgan0210 wrote:

I'm still planning on sleeping in the porch with my laptop just in case I see the postman :lol:

Glad I'm keeping people amused ;)
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Manana wrote:
I'm still planning on sleeping in the porch with my laptop just in case I see the postman :lol:

Glad I'm keeping people amused ;)
I'm just glad i'm not the only one who can't stop thinking about it. I've been having the most stupid dreams lol
fausto

Post by fausto »

Last year our email came through on the Friday, about 2.15pm. Our surname begins with D, there seemed no reason for the order. Our letter didn't arrive until the Monday.

I reorganised my spices, checked their sell by dates, aerated the lawn with a fork.. (as in cutlery not garden), walked the legs off the dog, cried with anxiety on those walks in the woods.. I even went so far as to clean the top of all my kitchen cupboards.. !

I feel for all of you - this year I have no lawn, as we had to move as my son got into CRGS, my dog is fat and my kitchen is filthy.. but next year I shall be doing this all again.
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

fausto wrote:Last year our email came through on the Friday, about 2.15pm. Our surname begins with D, there seemed no reason for the order. Our letter didn't arrive until the Monday.

I reorganised my spices, checked their sell by dates, aerated the lawn with a fork.. (as in cutlery not garden), walked the legs off the dog, cried with anxiety on those walks in the woods.. I even went so far as to clean the top of all my kitchen cupboards.. !

I feel for all of you - this year I have no lawn, as we had to move as my son got into CRGS, my dog is fat and my kitchen is filthy.. but next year I shall be doing this all again.

There should be a celebration of “11 plus parent’s day” nationwide. It hurts so much seeing how media stereotypes us mums who work so hard to provide our children with just good education. I really do not support over tutoring children just to get a place in a super selective, undermining the poor child’s wish and will. But there are genuine parents with brighter kids genuinely ready to sacrifice whatever possible to ensure DCs get good education.
Poonkymonkey

Post by Poonkymonkey »

Hear Hear annam2013. Couldn't have been said better!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now