Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pinkrabbit38

Re: Enquiry evenings - what are they for

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

pushymother wrote:
Blitz wrote:Pale greenish blazer- Herington House, Brentwood

Turquoise shirts- St Cedds, Chelmsford
Your knowledge and skills are very impressive indeed!

Now your task is to find out if 230 girls in the priority area for the Southend/Westcliff grammar schools scored above 303 :lol:
Been to WHSG today. 197 I/c girls passed the 11+. There will again be the extra class at Westcliff and therefore they will take at least 69 girls from OoC.
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

Hi, has SHSB head said if they would add an extra form this year as well? Thought to attend the SHSB open afternoon but could not resist myself from visiting CRGS :lol:
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:
pushymother wrote:
Blitz wrote:Pale greenish blazer- Herington House, Brentwood

Turquoise shirts- St Cedds, Chelmsford

Now your task is to find out if 230 girls in the priority area for the Southend/Westcliff grammar schools scored above 303 :lol:
Been to WHSG today. 197 I/c girls passed the 11+. There will again be the extra class at Westcliff and therefore they will take at least 69 girls from OoC.
Oh well done getting the exact number of IC passes! Did you ask him privately after the group questions? I almost burst into tears when he said if you had above a 303 you were guaranteed a place at one of the grammars in the priority area.

I was a bit perplexed by how many different ways parents could ask the same question over and over and not "hear" or understand (?) the answer.........
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Now your task is to find out if 230 girls in the priority area for the Southend/Westcliff grammar schools scored above 303 :lol:[/quote]

Been to WHSG today. 197 I/c girls passed the 11+. There will again be the extra class at Westcliff and therefore they will take at least 69 girls from OoC.[/quote]

Oh well done getting the exact number of IC passes! Did you ask him privately after the group questions? I almost burst into tears when he said if you had above a 303 you were guaranteed a place at one of the grammars in the priority area.

I was a bit perplexed by how many different ways parents could ask the same question over and over and not "hear" or understand (?) the answer.........[/quote]

I know!!

Regarding the 197, it was on one of his slides.
Last edited by pinkrabbit38 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

Also, he said the extra form is added for 2014 and 2015 only and would revert back to normal Pan after this intake....Good news for the extra 30 OOC girls for 2015 :)
Billericay Mum

Post by Billericay Mum »

I went to SHSB talk today, 236 boys in catchment passed their 11+ this year so it is likely that all in catchment places will be filled at SHSB and most at WHSB based on past years in catchment boys tend to favour SHSB. The head did say that the number of passes in catchment has risen over the last couple of years. He said they had no plans to add an extra form this year but he did not rule it out completly.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Billericay Mum wrote:I went to SHSB talk today, 236 boys in catchment passed their 11+ this year so it is likely that all in catchment places will be filled at SHSB and most at WHSB based on past years in catchment boys tend to favour SHSB. The head did say that the number of passes in catchment has risen over the last couple of years. He said they had no plans to add an extra form this year but he did not rule it out completly.
Did he give a reason as to why they added the extra class this year at Southend? The head at Westcliff girls said it was so that they would get more money. They have also asked for funding for more buildings, if received they would continue to have the larger PAN.
Shapla

Post by Shapla »

Just came back from Southend Boys. Smart school, that bit more polished than Westcliff imo.

236 boys passed ic in the ss postcode. Last year all of the reserved 125 ic places were filled in southend. As opposed to Westcliffs 82. Cut off last year was 307 ic and for ooc 327 at southend.

Quite difficult to choose between the two schools although they do have a different feel. Being a Londoner, I felt I was out in the sticks. Pretty beat after travelling to the area two days in a row. Am now considering that I may not go for it after all. Still glad I looked at the schools though..
Good3boys

Post by Good3boys »

Shapla wrote:Just came back from Southend Boys. Smart school, that bit more polished than Westcliff imo.

236 boys passed ic in the ss postcode. Last year all of the reserved 125 ic places were filled in southend. As opposed to Westcliffs 82. Cut off last year was 307 ic and for ooc 327 at southend.

Quite difficult to choose between the two schools although they do have a different feel. Being a Londoner, I felt I was out in the sticks. Pretty beat after travelling to the area two days in a row. Am now considering that I may not go for it after all. Still glad I looked at the schools though..
Don't let the travelling put you off. My ds is in yr 7 local on school bus leaves home 7:40am every day - home by 4:40 - his cousin is in yr8 travels Danbury to school 7:10 to 4:30 - they both enjoy WHSB - lots of boys travel a good distance to WHSB normally about 8/9 coaches outside each day.

Good luck in choosing a school