School Bus from Witham to CRGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KB

Re: School Bus from Witham to CRGS

Post by KB »

Amazing! Did they not find it when the changing room was empty? Or had it got put in someone else's games bag?
Feel sorry for the poor chap.
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Oh my goodness that would be my DS :roll: I often wonder how things never turn up again when i've painstakingly put name labels in everything. I'm hoping over the next year he'll improve a bit. Otherwise I can't see him ever coming home with the right books to do his homework or a PE kit to be washed.
KB

Post by KB »

My two both took books and pe kit on daily basis. Made books bag heavy but lass stressful.
By year 7 I insisted on washing kit every use - gets very smelly :)
fausto

Post by fausto »

...there is also the boy who misssed his bus home for the first three days..he expected it to be purple.
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

Nikkibeak, we live out in the OOC sticks, and when my son started at SHSB we thought of the bus journey as a necessary evil, but for him it turned into a huge positive. Even though he travelled on the WHSB bus (I know it seems cruel but the Southend only bus meant getting on at 6.30 whereas this one was 7.15!) he made some amazing friendships and has had a ball. He's had bus parties (on the bus!), bus barbies (off the bus, luckily), done his homework, done other people's homework, listened to music, annoyed girls and even got thrown off for dressing up as a werewolf. For him, it has been a huge plus, a real social event. Long journeys sometimes get a bad press on this forum, but often from people who have no experience of them. I'm sure they are not for everyone. But it's really not all bad, I can't think what he would have done between half 3 and 5 every afternoon that he would have enjoyed more! :lol:
fausto

Post by fausto »

Love the dressing up as a werewolf !
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

Don't, he was banned for a week! :lol:
fausto

Post by fausto »

Well at least Halloween is in half term this year !

Your post was very relevant to all those concerned about their soon to be Year 7's travelling. Their is bus banter and fun to be had and friendships forged, that might never have been had they not been sitting on a bus.
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

FlightyRachel wrote:Nikkibeak, we live out in the OOC sticks, and when my son started at SHSB we thought of the bus journey as a necessary evil, but for him it turned into a huge positive. Even though he travelled on the WHSB bus (I know it seems cruel but the Southend only bus meant getting on at 6.30 whereas this one was 7.15!) he made some amazing friendships and has had a ball. He's had bus parties (on the bus!), bus barbies (off the bus, luckily), done his homework, done other people's homework, listened to music, annoyed girls and even got thrown off for dressing up as a werewolf. For him, it has been a huge plus, a real social event. Long journeys sometimes get a bad press on this forum, but often from people who have no experience of them. I'm sure they are not for everyone. But it's really not all bad, I can't think what he would have done between half 3 and 5 every afternoon that he would have enjoyed more! :lol:
That's fab :lol: I'm glad that boys are finding it a positive. Hopefully that will be the case for my DS too after his initial worries wear off!