Looking to contact a CCHS for Girls previous YR7 mum

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Happy

Looking to contact a CCHS for Girls previous YR7 mum

Post by Happy »

My child will be starting in Sept. I do not know any mums or children who are at the school in years above, so when little questions are coming up I have no one to ask.

Can anyone kindly answer my questions to the following:

Are the school dinners/packed lunches consumed on a staggered basis, as the dining room is really small? Or do they use the hall?

Scence lessons are divided into smaller groups than the usual 30 children. How are the classes split? Do they do the first or last 10 from each class alphabetically? Or is it random?

Are there any useful tips you can give me and my child?

A response would be greatly appreciated.

Post by Guest »

Hi,

The lunches are staggered. The science classes and I think Drama, Music etc. are a random mix from all forms. It's really good as the girls get to meet and make friends with a wider cross-section of peers that way. We've found the Form teachers are very helpful if you have any questions you're not sure about. Don't worry about not knowing any other parents, 50% of the girls come from schools where only one or two children have gained a place at CCHS. My daughter’s school managed 7 in her year but she and most of them have made completely new sets of friends. The only advice I would give you is that my daughter has benefited greatly from participating in the clubs, debating society, choir etc.
happy

Post by happy »

Anonymous wrote:Hi,

The lunches are staggered. The science classes and I think Drama, Music etc. are a random mix from all forms. It's really good as the girls get to meet and make friends with a wider cross-section of peers that way. We've found the Form teachers are very helpful if you have any questions you're not sure about. Don't worry about not knowing any other parents, 50% of the girls come from schools where only one or two children have gained a place at CCHS. My daughter’s school managed 7 in her year but she and most of them have made completely new sets of friends. The only advice I would give you is that my daughter has benefited greatly fr
om participating in the clubs, debating society, choir etc.
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for replying, it helped a lot.

Best wiches

Post by Guest »

Hello again,

My daughter tells me that all classes are mixed and there is a pattern. They take the first 6 alphabetically in each of the 4 forms to form a class of 24, then then next 6 etc., to give five classes of 24 from each of the 4 forms of 30.

Hope this makes sense!
happy

Post by happy »

Anonymous wrote:Hello again,

My daughter tells me that all classes are mixed and there is a pattern. They take the first 6 alphabetically in each of the 4 forms to form a class of 24, then then next 6 etc., to give five classes of 24 from each of the 4 forms of 30.

Hope this makes sense!
Dear Guest,

Thank you (and your daughter), for giving the above information.

Kind regards
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now