SHSB switch to WisePay

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Kace

SHSB switch to WisePay

Post by Kace »

Received my lettter with the new log-in infomation, but can't see the WisePay logo anywhere on the school's website (the letter says to go via the logo on the school's website). Thought I'd check here first before phoning the school and being told that it's somewhere really obvious...
Thank you!
ToadMum

Re: SHSB switch to WisePay

Post by ToadMum »

Go into Information for You in the Menu, then Links - Wisepay is one of the options. Log in with the username and password from the letter, then you can change your password (when you do this, your username will become your email address). You will want to do this so that the Russians won't be able to watch you on your baby monitor :shock:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Kace

Post by Kace »

Thank you so much!
(So you mean all my Russian practice has been for nothing if they won't be able to hear me anymore (we only ever had audio monitors!)? :wink: )
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Kace wrote:Thank you so much!
(So you mean all my Russian practice has been for nothing if they won't be able to hear me anymore (we only ever had audio monitors!)? :wink: )
:lol:

Years ago our baby monitor started picking up the transmissions from someone else's - with the worrying implication that theirs was probably picking up ours.

Which was also only the audio variety, but was in our bedroom...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
marigold

Post by marigold »

Oh we had that too, they used to row like mad, it was great fun listening and trying to guess who they were as there were no obvious babies anywhere near us in the street.

My daughter has put a bit of blue tack on her lap top web cam in case anyone is spying on her learning her Latin vocab.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Okay,has anyone worked out how to get WisePay to send text alerts to warn us that our offspring are about to run out of dinner money? I quite happily pay for this on ParentPay but now of course only get alerts for the other two, who are at SHSG. I have emailed the school, but suspect that they have other things on their mind at the moment, with their visitors.

I have warned DS2 not to try to sell one of his 'Christmoose' lemon drizzle muffins to am Ofsted inspector today - they were made in a hurry by yours truly and have turned out exactly as one might imagine a twelve year old boy might have made them :oops:
KB

Post by KB »

CRGS going over to online payments soon. Sounds like we still have to send permission forms hardcopy though. Is this the experience of other schools?
Signing a permission form for 18 year olds has always seemed slightly odd anyway.

When one of mine was tiny the audio monitor picked up another transmitter where a baby was talking. Bit of a shock for few seconds :)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

All three schools ours have been / are at which use on-line payment systems required a real signed permission form initially. I wish the boys' school had gone for thumbprints like SHSG and Cecil Jones, rather than a card which can be lost :evil: but when DS1 was there they were trying to introduce that system for the Library and it never happened. Presumably too few parents could understand how it worked...
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Update on my text alert query, which a nice person at the school has taken up with WisePay. The answer is that they are not available at the moment, but may possibly be introduced in the future. Probably not exactly the answer I was hoping for, but at least we only need to worry about accidentally letting one of the children starve :lol: .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now