WHSB Indoor PE Kit

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ahap

WHSB Indoor PE Kit

Post by ahap »

DS has lost his PE bag which had a new indoor PE Kit in it. (Harrier- Vest and the Navy blue striped -medallion shadow shorts along with new gum shield). All his items are named.

Gum shield - he has a spare one in his other big sports bag.
But where can I get the yellow vest and blue shorts please? I have asked him to look in the lost property section but if he doesn't find it what do I do? He has PE on Monday and it is supposed to be indoor it seems.

He has also lost his white lab coat and lab glasses it was in a clear bag. Any ideas about how he can manage till next Thursday afternoon when the school Uniform shop opens?
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
KB

Re: WHSB Indoor PE Kit

Post by KB »

Phone the school and let them know and tell them you'll send him in with alternative kit just until yiu can replace it.
Also write a letter to that effect for him to give to his games teacher.
They might make him sit out games but it would be unreasonable to give him detention in those circumstances.
As for science, do you/ he know anyone in a different class he could borrow from? Also, get him to check with teacher if they actually have any practical sessions coming up. I suspect they will have spares in the lab for such situations.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ahap wrote:DS has lost his PE bag which had a new indoor PE Kit in it. (Harrier- Vest and the Navy blue striped -medallion shadow shorts along with new gum shield). All his items are named.

Gum shield - he has a spare one in his other big sports bag.
But where can I get the yellow vest and blue shorts please? I have asked him to look in the lost property section but if he doesn't find it what do I do? He has PE on Monday and it is supposed to be indoor it seems.

He has also lost his white lab coat and lab glasses it was in a clear bag. Any ideas about how he can manage till next Thursday afternoon when the school Uniform shop opens?
Does the Parents' Association sell secondhand uniform? If it does, the school Office should be able to give you a contact number.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ahap

Post by ahap »

Thanks KB & Toadmum. I phoned the school and they were very helpful. I now have to persuade DS to let them know, so that they can help him to get a kit for Monday. In the meantime I am going to write a letter like KB said and also tell DS to use the outdoor kit, just in case he doesn't get the indoor one in time. PE is in the first period. The bus reaches school at around 8.15 a.m. so hopefully he will have plenty of time to do this.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
KB

Post by KB »

I did buy 2nd hand duplicates of uniform items - tie, rugby top, blazer - that were 'essential' and not easily available. PE kit was white top so we had a few for tennis anyway.
It is maybe a waste but what wasn't used was donated back and it made life less stressful so was worth every penny to me.
Hopefully

Post by Hopefully »

WHSB has a very chaotic rack of shelves for lost property opposite the Uniform Shop. My DS has never lost anything but I have passed it when going to purchase new uniform. DS says no-one bothers to look there. But if you are planning a visit to the shop before the end of term it may be worth a rummage!

Lab coats don't seem to be needed for science especially during the building work, but are compulsory for Technology.

Uniform can be ordered via the downloadable form on the website, handed in to the office and the order will be put together within a couple of days for your DS to collect on the way home - a note goes in the register to inform him.

Sorry for the late reply I haven't logged on in ages.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Hi Hopefully, good to hear from you :) . I'll have a look in there next time I go. I still haven't bought another lab coat yet. I am thinking whether to give him DD's lab coat if he needs it because DD had not needed it at all because they have coats in the lab that they could use and since it is the right size for him at the moment he could use it. I think they are unisex aren't they?
It would be useful to get spare ones just in case from a second hand shop but the PA don't have a second hand uniform shop. However they do have support for anyone who loses their PE kit till they get new ones or you can use the rugby kit till you get new ones.