Travel from witham to shsg

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dad2015

Re: Travel from witham to shsg

Post by Dad2015 »

I know of at least one other boy from Witham who has been offered a place at CRGS in September. He will also be getting the bus.
Juliemccracken

Post by Juliemccracken »

Is anyone's dd going to shsg from the witham area? Was hoping that maybe she could get to know someone else going there to make the move easier.
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

Dad2015 wrote:I know of at least one other boy from Witham who has been offered a place at CRGS in September. He will also be getting the bus.
Oh cool hopefully they'll be on the same bus together
lastminutepanic

Post by lastminutepanic »

Hi
I have registered my DS for 504 Wickham Bishop bus. Early days yet, but I wondered if any 'newbies' to that route would be interested in meeting up ahead of induction days. We don't live in Wickham Bish, so faced with logistical nightmare, but have promised to make it work for him :shock: DS is destined for WHSB.

Also, it would be great to hear from any experienced users of this route and how DC get on with the journey.

Thanks
Bentham

Post by Bentham »

My daughter gets the 594 from witham (year 9) to WHSG. Might be worth having a word with stephensons about numbers before you apply as in her year the 504 was full and once we'd considered the time and extra hassle to get to WB and back from it just wasn't worth it anyway.

Stephensons were also happy for her to pay a day rate to try the 594 for one of the taster days so she could get a true feel for the journey. She now uses the time (thanks to iplayer) as her TV downtime each day and never grumbles.

My son also gets the 525 to CRGS (now year 11) and he loves it.

Neither of them knew anyone at their schools or on the buses but they soon made friends on both.
lastminutepanic

Post by lastminutepanic »

Bentham wrote:My daughter gets the 594 from witham (year 9) to WHSG. Might be worth having a word with stephensons about numbers before you apply as in her year the 504 was full and once we'd considered the time and extra hassle to get to WB and back from it just wasn't worth it anyway.

Stephensons were also happy for her to pay a day rate to try the 594 for one of the taster days so she could get a true feel for the journey. She now uses the time (thanks to iplayer) as her TV downtime each day and never grumbles.

My son also gets the 525 to CRGS (now year 11) and he loves it.

Neither of them knew anyone at their schools or on the buses but they soon made friends on both.
Hi Bentham

Thanks for the response, it's good to hear from someone who's DC make longer bus journeys. If we have no joy with 504, then next choice would be 594. Tbh it is just the fact that it is slightly earlier really, but as you say, numbers may dictate we have no choice.

It's good to hear DD uses the bus journey for downtime, as that is what we are suggesting for DS too. I know some do homework, but I expect my DS will want to either be sociable or watch TV/play games too (obviously because he will be so hardworking when he gets home :wink: :lol: )

I will also look into using one of the buses for induction day, as you say it is good they know what they are getting themselves into!

LMP