CCHS Chat - entry Sept 2015.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mumof2girls

Re: CCHS Chat - entry Sept 2015.

Post by mumof2girls »

Hi all, my DD started CCHS last September and my second DD got a place and will start this September so it's been a mad couple of years (all over now, thank goodness!). So if anyone has any questions about it happy to help as this year feels like groundhog day filling in all the forms etc!

DD1 did the sporting things last year but actually found that she didn't really chat much to the other girls as they were busy "doing" but it just familiarised her with the school so was good in that respect and she enjoyed it. None of the girls who did the sporting things really remember who went and who didn't so I wouldn't say it was essential - although last year I thought it was!

DD2 is not really sporty and doesn't want to go and I am not going to push her as DD1 assures me that lots of the girls don't go and all make friends and get on fine and this year we do know the school much better! But...I would say if you aren't familiar with the school and your daughter likes to do the sports, it is worthwhile going along.

If anyone needs to know anything else please let me know as it is all fresh in my mind...!
Proudmum78

Post by Proudmum78 »

Hi I'm not the only mad one with two daughters one school year apart then! They are almost two and almost three but my eldest will be starting at cchs in September. Thanks for your post mumof2girls was definitely useful. My daughter is not sporty at all so not keen on the sessions but equally she does want to go and visit the school at any opportunity so I expect we will pick netball or hockey although she has never played hockey and does not have the kit they mention! We live in south woodham ferrers would be good to know if there are other girls from this way. Well done to you and your daughters. I have to say I was so impressed at the cchs open evening I wished I was 10 again!!! Let's hope it lives up to expectations.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

My DS is in year 7 at SHSB, my DD1 has just got into CCHS and I have 3 more DD in year 4, 2 and nursery so going to be doing this a few more times lol!!!
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

Hi proudmum78. We are in Wickford, so not far from you.

DD has decided just to do the netball, so I'm glad to hear that it isn't a huge deal if she misses the hockey or athletics.
ohnoyoudidnt

Post by ohnoyoudidnt »

Thats useful to know that the sporting days arent essential. thanks

DD is willing to do the netball and I've talked her into doing one of the hockey ones, although she doesnt like
playing hockey.

DD2 is only in year 1, so I have a while before I go through this again.

x
mumof2girls

Post by mumof2girls »

Proudmum - definitely encourage her to go to the sessions to familiarise herself, and you really don't need to be kitted out, anything will do. Just wait until you have to pay for all the uniform and sporting kit - phew!

I think the open day gives the girls more chance to get to know one another, they swap numbers and instagram account details and can then be in contact before they start. They will also get a letter from a current year 7 in their house who will become a point of contact for them and they have lunch with them on the open day. DD1 will be doing that this year and her friends are all hoping they get to be the one to write to DD2!

We're really happy with the school so far, DD1 loves it and has made really good friends, despite being the only one from her school to go there (same for DD2 this year). I think it can come across as a bit intimidating in the open evenings but it's really not like that once you get there, I am assured!

MmeOgg we are in Wickford too!

If anyone wants to know anything else let me know!
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

I'm glad to have found another Wickford person - we don't know anyone going to CCHS at the moment.

I've sent you a PM, I hope that's OK.
mumof2girls

Post by mumof2girls »

Hi MmeOgg - I have replied to your PM but it's in my outbox and not marked as sent so not sure if you got it. Let me know and I will resend (sorry it's so long as well!).
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Passing the CCHS exam and getting a place was the easy bit!
Filling in all these forms, finding utility bills that we don't have and getting a birth certificate photocopied is proving to be soooooo hard!
Well finally got it all done and it is in the post (with a large letter stamp on it!!!)
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

Passing the CCHS exam and getting a place was the easy bit!
Filling in all these forms, finding utility bills that we don't have and getting a birth certificate photocopied is proving to be soooooo hard!
Well finally got it all done and it is in the post (with a large letter stamp on it!!!)
I'm glad I've got that job out the way too - NHS number, Passport details, phone numbers. It has taken me days to compile it all. And the swimming certificates...

<lays down with a cold flannel on forehead>