ColCHS - entry sept 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Minesatea

Re: ColCHS - entry sept 2015

Post by Minesatea »

Unfortunately not, but I have a size 9 lady's fitted jacket in good condition if anyone wants to make me an offer!
DD thinks the PE kit is changing so that may not be obtainable second hand.
sian6484

Post by sian6484 »

Hi,
Uniform is expensive and PTA do not sell second hand uniform but a friend of mine set up a FACEBOOK group for people to sell second hand uniform from various secondary schools in Colchester. Called Colchester Area Secondary Schools give, buy or sell. Sometimes ColCHS stuff comes up for sale. And PE kit is changing although I don't know whether it is cheaper.
Stressed.mum

Post by Stressed.mum »

Just wondering if dd should attend the information evening in her own clothes or just stay in her school uniform from after school. Just don't want her to look odd.
Stressed.mum

Post by Stressed.mum »

Minesatea wrote:Unfortunately not, but I have a size 9 lady's fitted jacket in good condition if anyone wants to make me an offer!
Visited Coes and I have bought the basic uniform today and have ordered the new style PE kit. The staff there are very friendly and helpful. :D
Dotty12345

Post by Dotty12345 »

Stressed.mum wrote:
Minesatea wrote:Unfortunately not, but I have a size 9 lady's fitted jacket in good condition if anyone wants to make me an offer!
Visited Coes and I have bought the basic uniform today and have ordered the new style PE kit. The staff there are very friendly and helpful. :D
Hi Stressed mum, did it work our very expensive?? I was thinking of waiting until the meeting on the 30th. Also my daughter will probably go on the 30th in her own clothes if that is of any help. xx
Md1512

Post by Md1512 »

Hi

In reply to the above posts, for the information evening the girls usually wear their own clothes and also Coes will be there on the 30th for parents to have the opportunity to look at the uniform and place orders. I didn't buy any uniform until the summer holidays as they grow so quickly and the school is strict on kilt length and so it was easier to wait until then. The cost of 1 basic uniform worked out about £200 if i remember correctly.

Hope this helps :D
Last edited by Md1512 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stressed.mum

Post by Stressed.mum »

Blazer £53.50
Cardigan £20.50
Kilt skirt £35.50
Blouse £14.50
Football socks £6.50
Butchers apron £7.50
Overall £13.95
Embroidery for the apron and overall £9.00

Total 160.95

And I have ordered the new style PE shirt and Skort and sweater....another £60 to pay later. They said I could exchange the sizes if dd out grows over the summer... However, my dd is tiny, and the sizes we bought were the smallest they do, there was still room for growth, so hopefully it will be ok by September. She will be away over summer, so I just wanted to get her main uniform sorted out whilst we can, avoiding the rush towards the end of Aug.

other accessories eg. Swimming gear, tights, trainers i will shop elsewhere.
Stressed.mum

Post by Stressed.mum »

Thanks MD and Dotty for your reply.

MD, I am wondering that the information evening last until 9 pm?? Is it really that much information to be given to us?
Md1512

Post by Md1512 »

Hi Stressed.mum, I have sent you a PM :D
cetaylormade

Post by cetaylormade »

Hi

Just to reassure you - my dd started last year. She didn't know anyone and she was a year younger. The school are absolutely brilliant and the girls are all so supportive that within days my dd was settled. Now she has a good set of friends who are all staying at one of their houses this weekend to celebrate the end of year exams (that they are doing this week). I really can't say enough about how lovely it has been and both you and your girls will wonder what you were worrying about very soon :D We live in Tolleshunt Major and she gets the Tony Glew bus so if any of your girls are travelling on it give me a shout and I'll make sure she looks after them :D - if you need any help just ask x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now