CRGS Induction

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
shakingmum

Re: CRGS Induction

Post by shakingmum »

My DS has been offered a place at CRGS for this September and I too have only had letter from Essex Admissions, nothing yet from the school. Can't remember how long it took to come through with my other DS two years ago, but it will come soon I'm sure. I also understood that we don't need to respond if we wish to accept the place but only if we wish to refuse it.
Stark99

Post by Stark99 »

Thanks shakingmum, good to know that it's just a case of waiting for further info from CRGS. I absolutely did not expect my DS would even get a place so am a bit at a loss as what to expect beyond offers day!
fausto

Post by fausto »

Stark99 -

For 2014 entry in Year 7 we receieved a letter froom CRGS, it was dated 6th March, and explained that we would have already heard from the Local Authority about our son's place but asked us to respond to whether we were taking up the place.

I would imagine you will receive correspondence from the school directly in the next week or two.
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

Hi all,

Please can I ask when does the school starts? By what time the students are expected to be in? I am trying to find the day's timetable but cannot see anything in the website.

Many thanks
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

According to DS:
Registration is 8:50
First lesson starts at 9:10
Pupils arriving after 9:00 have to sign in via the late book.
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

Ah! Many thanks Minesatea.
KB

Post by KB »

In comparison with most primary school the school covers quite an area and some buses stop a walk away so yiu don't want to be aiming for abus that arrives too close to school start time.
Also, traffic on Lexden Road from about 8am is pretty slow so I would build that in.
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

Hi, did anyone receive any sort of information or letter by post at all?
shakingmum

Post by shakingmum »

Nothing from CRGS yet.
KB

Post by KB »

"This is a final reminder of the Maggie Preece Concert on Saturday at 7.30pm in the George Young Building at CRGS.

Tickets are still available and can be obtained through reception, £15 for adults and £10 for students, cheques made payable to CRGSA."

Sorry, I can't link the poster details - guess you can google her! She's an opera and west end musical singer.

Don't know if it would appeal to year 6 boys but might be of interest to parents who want to see the school and maybe speak to current parents and staff in social environment ( bar being run by patents association).

Apologies - realise this is a paying event - for advertising. Purpose is to let new parents know rather than push sales of tickets so hope its OK.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now