Essex Boys!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GillyGillyOxenPepper

Re: Essex Boys!

Post by GillyGillyOxenPepper »

suffolkparentCRGS wrote:I 'm releived to find he wasn't the only one who didn't quite finish the paper and guessed the last few, I think he was quite shocked that it was so much harder. Does your elder son enjoy the boys grammar...
Yes my son absolutely loves being at CRGS - similar to "Green Fingers" daughter I remember some of his first comments back in Year 7 were "I fit in here mum - for the first time in my life I feel I fit in".

I must say I have noticed the pressure increasing on him as he approaches choosing his options. Also, don't be fooled that the boys there are all little angels - there is a small amount of disruption in some lessons (the boys know which teachers are which!) but I don't know how it would compare to an ordinary boys' secondary - presumably much less. I think in the main the teachers are really good at giving the boys a little room to "express themselves" to make life easier for all concerned.
Bwinkie

Post by Bwinkie »

suffolkparentCRGS wrote: Were there many boys from your sons school who took it? There were only two from my sons school and the other ones father was a pupil at CRGS too.
There were 2 girls and 4 boys from his school and he was the only boy to put SHSB as 1st choice the others put WHSB.
Bwinkie